Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 11:37 AM

752 posts, read 2,086,207 times

Advertisements

Vedic astrology is the Eastern branch, apparently (not to be confused with the "Chinese zodiac") it originated out of India and uses the "sideareal" zodiac...I subscribe to a newsletter of one of these; and supposedly the Vedic system is FAR more accurate than the Western branch. The whole system differs from the Western branch by 1 whole sign...interesting that my birthday is December 15th and I do not know if I am a Vedic Sagittarius or a Scorpio (speaking as someone who has very few Scorpio traits, if any)

I got interested in this branch after purchasing my own Cycles of Saturn report...No, I do not claim to be a "professional" anything...you might even call me a student of it; so from time to time I may need clarification on a subject or two The Cycles of Saturn report was a GREAT blueprint for my life and it was offered as a steal...so I took the bait. I am glad that finally I can see why my life has seemed so d*mn hard. For some reason the full report goes back a few years (to add context, I suppose-I could look at past "abundant" and "constrained" phases and find myself nodding in agreement: "Yep, that was true back then". Apparently, my last phase of "abundance and expansion" was in 2007. Of course, the following year everything seemed to go to h-e-double hockey sticks (including the American economy as you well know.)

My personal report says nothing after 2007 up until 2014 (I guessed it must be 7-year increments have some kind of important meaning in the cosmos.) And then 10/29/2014 I apparently enter a phase of Saturn transiting the Sun --the first transit is classified as "Saturn 12th from the Sun" The way it talks, this is one of those "all work and no play" or "dues paying" phases. To paraphrase "Initially success of the realization of professional dreams can seem just out of reach, or only attainable with tremendous effort" "You can expect less yields in the form of accomplishment, rewards, or recognition" Wow! Spot on! That is EXACTLY how things have been progressing lately. It seems that I have had to really struggle just to get tossed a bone or two in the end...

The Sun represents health and vitality, I have read...The "weak links" present themselves now...that has been true as well...Headaches, fatigue, a trip to an endocrinologist 12/5/14 revealed type 2 diabetes (It runs in the family , btw.) Also the government, bosses, mentors and father figures are ruled by the Sun...in this phase, these kinds of people are often unavailable or unsupportive in some way (that has also been the case.) I've been interning for someone lately (a graphics shop) - it's been everything wonky ...deaths in the family, their computer on the fritz, you name it...Guess I can blame it on Saturn

Well, there's good news...Saturn 11th from the Moon and Saturn 1st from the Sun are phases of abundance, supposedly, coming up...dated 1/21/2017...As a side note that date will be easy to remember because if I am not mistaken, isn't that the official day that President Obama's first successor will be in the White House?? I know that this is neither here nor there....Your cosmic timetable is very unique and personal to you and the White House has no bearing on it Important details read: ""Your professional and financial life is improved; doors are opening more easily; powerful people are helping you, and big opportunities are coming your way...At the very least, it is a much more positive time for you than the last couple of years....your hard work is paying off now" This "expansion" phase is to last a few years (Whew, that's good, some people claim astrology is all "junk science" but if it's good news, I'll take it.)

Well, I hope that I haven't burned off anyone's ears or eyes so far...whoever is an astrologer or interested in the subject, thank you for reading and listening to my long ramble

It feels better knowing that I do not have to beat myself up mentally or emotionally during the "contraction" phases anymore...
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 11:37 AM

OwlKaMyst, your presence is warmly accepted here ...All too quiet on the western front

I do understand, this is eastern astrology....an it's a tad different

Old 04-29-2015, 03:22 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
Western front....cute pun.
I have looked into Vedic, but at that time my brain was already overloaded and trying to grasp some of the more deeper aspects of western astrology that I just could not get past the chart construction.
What I recall (from 20 years ago) is that the chart is a quadrant layout, a square. I like circles - maybe that was part of my aversion to figuring it out. Good that you get it, you can show me!

Now that 7 years thing, in regards to Saturn, that amount of time is just 1/4 of a full trip around the Sun. So that number makes sense as to what happens and when. If Saturn is conjunct another planet in 2000, it will be square in 2007, and opposition in 2014.
Approximately - as it's not exactly 28 years for a Saturn return, 29.5 is closer to the actual time.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
If Saturn is conjunct another planet in 2000, it will be square in 2007, and opposition in 2014.
In my chart/report, it starts out a Rising sign transit, then the Sun, and finally the Moon...in that order. Interesting stuff...according to the report the rising sign represents your inner self, the Sun, your public persona, and the Moon, is your emotional self. Man, I dread that Moon transit...it's called the "Sati Sade" and is considered no picnic to deal with.

I'm told that our incumbent (spell?) Mitt Romeny has been going through that extra tough cycle, and President Obama is in the "Golden" cycle (that's when things are extra good and abundant to the native.) As you can see, no one is spared

Old 05-08-2015, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,000 times
I will have to research this more.
Thanks

Old 05-10-2015, 12:31 AM

Also...I heard George W. Bush has gone through that extra tough "disturbed" phase that Mitt Romney is in (or has been)...

The big takeaway here: When we see our friends or colleagues somehow doing so well in life and we just plod along....quite possibly, it's that our friends could be in an "expansion phase"

Old 04-23-2018, 08:19 AM

1,426 posts, read 1,030,916 times
For 2018-19 here are predictions for most major nations, with most of the focus on USA:

2018 - Vedic New Year Outlook - Publications
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal