Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 06:10 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,180,746 times

Advertisements

From the OP's Coast to Coast link you can pull up this link: https://ktvz.com/news/crime-courts/2...mutilations-2/. I quote from that link:

"Sgt. Mitch Madden told NewsChannel 21 there have been at least three, possibly four such cases, and that “certain body parts were removed from the cows.”"

The article does not go into detail; but they simply encourage ranchers to be more vigilant.

When discussing these cases we need all the facts. Weather conditions, witnesses, who found the cows, insurance coverage and whether it is important how they died - the term mutilation is ambiguous and can mean many things. It opens the subject up to wild speculation without proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 07:29 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,120,024 times
It's the giant bird I saw. Aliens & cults really would not have this much ongoing interest in livestock. Cheaper to purchase a cow than to go through elaborate methods needed to pick up a cow, drop it, disembowel it, all in the cover of night.

These cow carcasses are found in the same condition as smaller prey carcasses preyed on by average sized raptors are found.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/pla...rld-of-raptors

The PNW tribes have multiple stories of the Thunderbird hunting for whale in the Pacific.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:35 AM

432 posts, read 416,725 times
From wiki: The hypothesis that natural phenomena account for most mutilation characteristics has been validated by a number of experiments, including one cited by long-time scientific skeptic Robert T. Carroll, conducted by Washington County (Arkansas) Sheriff's Department. In the experiment, the body of a recently deceased cow was left in a field and observed for 48 hours. During the 48 hours, postmortem bloating was reported to have caused incision-like tears in the cow's skin that matched the "surgical" cuts reported on mutilated cows, while the action of blowflies and maggots reportedly matched the soft tissue damage observed on mutilated cows.

I have seen this in action on my grandfather's farm.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,637,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
From the OP's Coast to Coast link you can pull up this link: https://ktvz.com/news/crime-courts/2...mutilations-2/. I quote from that link:

"Sgt. Mitch Madden told NewsChannel 21 there have been at least three, possibly four such cases, and that “certain body parts were removed from the cows.”"

The article does not go into detail; but they simply encourage ranchers to be more vigilant.

When discussing these cases we need all the facts. Weather conditions, witnesses, who found the cows, insurance coverage and whether it is important how they died - the term mutilation is ambiguous and can mean many things. It opens the subject up to wild speculation without proof.
We have discussed this before on here... 'cattle mutilations' are those where the cow is found dead and the condition of of the body is strange, mysterious...(not like other normal cow carcasses)...

If a mutilation case is just any cow that dies out in the field (picked by scavengers or not)...there would be 100s of 1000s of cattle mutilation cases all thru out the country!

Try Googling to ask the total number of 'cattle mutilation' cases, list by year...and see what you come up with. (My point is...there are not many).

Old 03-18-2021, 10:11 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,489,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk330 View Post
From wiki: The hypothesis that natural phenomena account for most mutilation characteristics has been validated by a number of experiments, including one cited by long-time scientific skeptic Robert T. Carroll, conducted by Washington County (Arkansas) Sheriff's Department. In the experiment, the body of a recently deceased cow was left in a field and observed for 48 hours. During the 48 hours, postmortem bloating was reported to have caused incision-like tears in the cow's skin that matched the "surgical" cuts reported on mutilated cows, while the action of blowflies and maggots reportedly matched the soft tissue damage observed on mutilated cows.

I have seen this in action on my grandfather's farm.
These ranchers have been dealing with dead cattle all of their lives, and you can bet they would know what was natural and what was not. The video link I posted in the OP was about a mutilation that happened in a mid-January. Not too many flies buzzing around that time of year.

Old 03-18-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
These ranchers have been dealing with dead cattle all of their lives, and you can bet they would know what was natural and what was not. The video link I posted in the OP was about a mutilation that happened in a mid-January. Not too many flies buzzing around that time of year.
Yep, I have been trying to make that point for a long time.

Some want to call every cow that dies out in the field a 'mutilation' case, but that is simply not true.

Old 03-18-2021, 11:53 AM

26,832 posts, read 22,611,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post

These "explanators" think people are stupid and they don't know what is what.

Lol.
Of course when people deal with something all their lives, they are the first ones to notice that something strange/awry is going on.

Old 03-19-2021, 04:36 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,180,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We have discussed this before on here... 'cattle mutilations' are those where the cow is found dead and the condition of of the body is strange, mysterious...(not like other normal cow carcasses)...

If a mutilation case is just any cow that dies out in the field (picked by scavengers or not)...there would be 100s of 1000s of cattle mutilation cases all thru out the country!

Try Googling to ask the total number of 'cattle mutilation' cases, list by year...and see what you come up with. (My point is...there are not many).
This is from Merriam-Webster: "1: an act or instance of destroying, removing, or severely damaging a limb or other body part of a person or animal". You ask your supermarket for a steak and you are an accomplice!

You have to be specific when describing what happened to these cows. From the few studies everything points to natural most of the time. Of course there can be other reasons like the homeless that are hungry, blood-sucking clone ticks, massive mosquitoes attacks, blow flies, predators, tornadoes, cults, enemies of the rancher, and the list goes on. ET and BF are not probable suspects!

Old 03-19-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This is from Merriam-Webster: "1: an act or instance of destroying, removing, or severely damaging a limb or other body part of a person or animal". You ask your supermarket for a steak and you are an accomplice!

You have to be specific when describing what happened to these cows. From the few studies everything points to natural most of the time. Of course there can be other reasons like the homeless that are hungry, blood-sucking clone ticks, massive mosquitoes attacks, blow flies, predators, tornadoes, cults, enemies of the rancher, and the list goes on. ET and BF are not probable suspects!
So, why are there not many cattle mutilation cases each year? If what you say is accurate, there should be 1000s of annual 'cattle mutilations'.

Old 03-19-2021, 08:44 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,489,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
So, why are there not many cattle mutilation cases each year? If what you say is accurate, there should be 1000s of annual 'cattle mutilations'.
Most probably go unreported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal