Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 12:33 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
What do you think Owenc, I'd say in the most parts of the UK adult blondes ( yellow haired peolpe not mousy brown/lightbrown) make no more than 10-15% of the population. IN some areas of wales and southern/western england those types are like 5%. Again I, talking about the yellow blonde you see quite often in scandinavia, netherlands and northern regions of germany.

According to saxowold some places in the uk are 50% BLONDE lol

For some reason I've noticed that British women are rarely true blondes past teenage stages, with british men seems a bit more common to remain as blonde.
No, I don't think blond haired people are very common. I would say that people in England especially the south east would have even less blond hair. Although I would say up in NE scotland blond hair would be common.

Most people just have brown hair.
But thats basically already been said lol.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:48 PM

824 posts, read 3,603,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
No, I don't think blond haired people are very common. I would say that people in England especially the south east would have even less blond hair. Although I would say up in NE scotland blond hair would be common.

Most people just have brown hair.
But thats basically already been said lol.
Yes that's about true, because when I visited the UK (surrey area) most people (who were ceirtainly natives) had darkbrown or plain brown hair. Those kind of blonde women with pure natural blonde looks (like you see often in other places of northern europe) were quite rare sight. South east england has very few natural blondes from my experience, heck I would even venture to say places of northern/north eastern france have more real blondes.

btw, when I said Southern/western england I was refering to whole counties in southern england and western england.

I know saxonwold will come as soon as possible and will fill this thread again with blondes and redheads to prove something else.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:55 PM

554 posts, read 736,624 times
Sure, but when are we going to stop beating around the bush and get into skull measurements?

Old 07-03-2013, 09:58 PM

824 posts, read 3,603,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
there are no strict definitions of what is blond/brown, etc. Each one would have it own definition, since those concepts, like being "tall" or "little" are relative, not absolute. "Blond" or "light-haired" is not understood the same way by a Swedish as by a Colombian.

What is interesting is not the number in themselves, but the comparision with the same numbers mesured following the same criteriums: dong that you'll notice that the proportion of fair-haired (whatever the definition we have of what is "fair-haired") people in Britain is about similar to what it is in the countries situated at the same latitudes: Netherlands, Germany, Poland.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/20zxwl3.jpg

Yeah 56% of England, and 51% of white americans and australians having light hair Seems about right.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:52 AM

2,096 posts, read 4,776,513 times
Are there a lot of Norwegian/Swedish looking people in Yorkshire, Durham, Tyneside and Northumbria or do they not look notably different from other English people?

Old 07-04-2013, 04:44 PM

I'm mulling over the hypothesis that British people have a more pronounced upper elbow than the Sami people of Northern Norway, anyone care to comment?

Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 PM

2,096 posts, read 4,776,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin (pronounced Owen) View Post
I'm mulling over the hypothesis that British people have a more pronounced upper elbow than the Sami people of Northern Norway, anyone care to comment?
The left elbow or the right elbow?

Old 07-05-2013, 02:19 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
Are there a lot of Norwegian/Swedish looking people in Yorkshire, Durham, Tyneside and Northumbria or do they not look notably different from other English people?
No but they are all called Sven, Bjorn, Gertrude or Helga.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:27 AM

16,670 posts, read 17,435,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
There's an ABBA Tribute band doing the rounds of the North.

Does that count?

Old 07-05-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
There's an ABBA Tribute band doing the rounds of the North.

Does that count?
I'd really need to know about their elbows to be sure, do this tribute band have flattened elbows of the Mesopotamian type or are they more effervescent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom