Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 AM

230 posts, read 525,974 times

Advertisements

Generally I don't have much luck with women, but I keep hearing white women are more open to dating black men in certain places like london. I live in the states, but have traveled to Australia and some other places. And in Australia, they said white ladies like black men there, but I found it to be the same as here. Even in the states there's alot of IR, but most of the white women I meet don't seem to want to get involved with black men. I keep hearing the UK is better for IR. London in particular. I think I read the UK is supposed to be #1 in the world for IR. Is this true? Do you think someone who usually doesn't have the best luck with white women would have better luck in Britain, or would it bee the same?

Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
Generally I don't have much luck with women, but I keep hearing white women are more open to dating black men in certain places like london. I live in the states, but have traveled to Australia and some other places. And in Australia, they said white ladies like black men there, but I found it to be the same as here. Even in the states there's alot of IR, but most of the white women I meet don't seem to want to get involved with black men. I keep hearing the UK is better for IR. London in particular. I think I read the UK is supposed to be #1 in the world for IR. Is this true? Do you think someone who usually doesn't have the best luck with white women would have better luck in Britain, or would it bee the same?
I can only give you my opinion based on living in the US and being born in the UK and I'll probably get shot down in flames for it, BUT...

I would say that interracial relationships are a bit more common in the UK, even though in total, the UK isn't as diverse as the US (nowhere is). My uncle is married to a Trinidadian lady. There are also a fair number of mixed race British people (Rio Ferdinand, Leona Lewis, Craig Charles to name but a few that instantly spring to mind).

I know someone else will probably claim otherwise, but that's just my experience. Black British people are just British. Race in the UK is a somewhat different dynamic to the US.

Last edited by dragonborn; 05-01-2012 at 11:11 AM..

Old 05-01-2012, 11:11 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,651,608 times
Living in London I see interracial couples (more often than not black man/white woman as it happens) and mixed-race children a lot. But as said above, a black person who doesn't talk/behave significantly differently is mostly just considered British - people here don't think about race anywhere near as much as I read about on here (thank God! I'm not a fan of "them and us" thinking!). You won't find many white British women with strong opinions either way about getting involved with a black man.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:17 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,671,787 times
I'd have to say that people of all races are far more inclined for IR in the UK than the US. The different communities don't mix as much in the US and there is a lot more overt racism by all races. Minorities in the US tend to define themselves a lot more by their race and they tend to have a lot more in common with people of the same race.

I know a lot of IR couples in both countries, so it isn't all that rare now. When I was growing up in the UK I knew a few windrush mixed-race kids but no IR couples at all.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 AM

670 posts, read 905,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post

What's wrong with dating black women?

Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleneO View Post
What's wrong with dating black women?
Nothing. Really nothing's wrong with dating black women, Asian women, Middle Eastern women, Indian women, white women, Islander women, or any kind of women.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:12 AM

Is it worth it to go visit??

Old 05-22-2012, 10:13 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,077 times
Ice Cube would educate you.

Jokes aside, UK is a pretty open minded place.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Ice Cube would educate you.

Jokes aside, UK is a pretty open minded place.
Hey I like Ice Cube. Mostly his older stuff. Why did you say he'll educate me though? Are you referring to one of his older pro-black songs opposing IR's with white women?

Old 05-22-2012, 04:03 PM

684 posts, read 1,122,077 times
Yes. But I was joking, so relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.