Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:30 AM

729 posts, read 1,506,321 times

Advertisements

I couldn't help but notice yet another US Rag magazine with Camilla on the cover. It was a photo of her hovering over the Queen as if she is waiting to throw her off a balcony and the title read "Camilla shadows the ailing Queens every move". Another magazine said she ruined baby Georges Christening. I assume this is a stupid US obsession. How is she looked at in the UK? Is her image better? I hope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 10:39 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,548,742 times
Your source was a rag. That usually means it's total BS.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:27 AM

16,674 posts, read 17,442,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Your source was a rag. That usually means it's total BS.
Sums it up for me too.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:43 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,413,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by young92 View Post
I couldn't help but notice yet another US Rag magazine with Camilla on the cover. It was a photo of her hovering over the Queen as if she is waiting to throw her off a balcony and the title read "Camilla shadows the ailing Queens every move". Another magazine said she ruined baby Georges Christening. I assume this is a stupid US obsession. How is she looked at in the UK? Is her image better? I hope!
Please, child. You're hurting my head.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:00 PM

729 posts, read 1,506,321 times
I figure it's total BS but sometimes there is a small grain of truth to this stuff so I was curious. We just got back from visiting the kids for two weeks and hardly heard anything about the Christening. We arrived home in the States the day before the big event and it was all they talked about in the news. For a country that shuns a monarchy, we sure do seem to love them!

Old 11-02-2013, 02:41 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Camilla keeps quite a low profile but seems to be charming on visits... She knows she will never be a favourite of the Queen though... as she was never wanted in the Royal circles.. but for Charles sake everyone seems to welcome her ..including the boys William and Harry who must have their own issues but who love their father..

Old 11-02-2013, 02:46 PM

16,674 posts, read 17,442,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Camilla keeps quite a low profile but seems to be charming on visits... She knows she will never be a favourite of the Queen though... as she was never wanted in the Royal circles.. but for Charles sake everyone seems to welcome her ..including the boys William and Harry who must have their own issues but who love their father..
How do you know this dizzy?

Old 11-02-2013, 02:54 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I'm glad. Not that it matters. I always liked Charles though even through the years that he was made out to be a "bad person." He seems to have some good values about the environment and he takes a stand even though he is not allowed to be political. So I'm glad he finally got the wife he always wanted. I think he was a victim of poor advice--play the field, sow your wild oats--but by the time he did that, it was too late and most of the eligible women were already married!

He has always seemed to be a good father who wanted to spend more time with the boys but was not allowed to due to royal duties. It always seemed to me that the royal family was desperately trying to avoid another terrible scandal like the abdication and they tried too hard with Charles, telling him to not fall in love with anyone, stay single. Well, if that's what they advised him to do, it was bad advice because in waiting too long he (not really he) but all of them caused a scandal far worse than anything they could ever have imagined. An abdication was nothing compared to divorces and a death.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:03 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Well said NE.... the Queen has done a fantastic job, much better and hard working than who went before her.. shes had no scandal and expected the same from her children I feel.. she was let down on a few occassions..in one way or another... Charles was laughed at years ago when he tried to make a stand about the environment and architecture but carried on, and didnt give up thankfully... a lot he said years ago about the environment has become reality when it was thought he was a bit of a screwball..... he s kind and understanding also...and does loads of charity work...No one forgets about Diana.. she was a one off.. a sad lost soul with not much confidence . who didnt know what was expected of her in her life as a Royal..... a fact that theyve rectified with Katy who has moved much more comfortably into her new postion ... Diana left a legacy for the Royal family to change and the boys are making sure it gets carried out to the letter.. she might never have been Queen but still holds a power that others will never have.. We will now have a better , more loved and worthwhile Royal family because of her and her sons..... Camilla will always be in the background.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:18 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,925,509 times
I wonder who owns the "rag" that prints this rubbish, wouldn't be Murdock by any chance would it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom