Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2021, 09:23 PM

209 posts, read 253,617 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if any Three Degrees fans from England or even from Europe in general can answer this.

Three Degrees who are from Philadelphia in USA were originally only known in limited US regions and were more of nightclub singers and barely made any albums and barely were on television/films.

However, once their hit 1973-74 songs became internationally well known, they became very internationally famous including nationwide in USA, especially with their song "When Will I See You again".

But for some reason starting in the mid to late 1970s and moving forward, their fame became mainly more focused in Europe and especially in England and were pretty much forgotten in USA. Now I know that they eventually signed with a European based international records company, but you would still think they would still continue to have fame worldwide and especially in USA since that is where they are from.

They never made any performance appearances on any USA shows since the mid 1970s and all of their performance appearances were pretty much only in England and sometimes other parts of Europe. It was as if they all moved to England and moved their career base to England almost like how Pierce Brosnan or Charles Shaughnessy moved to the USA and made their careers mainly USA based, but even they continued to be well known to their England hometown fans. However, none of the members of Three Degrees moved to England and remained in the USA as their home, except Sheila Ferguson moved and settled in England and her career has been England based since then and now no one in the USA knows who she is anymore.

Even British based celebrities became worldwide famous including in the USA like the Beetles, Spice Girls, David Beckham and etc. So even if the Three Degrees were now with a European company, you would think they still continued to have fame in the USA since that is where they are from.

I wonder why they just disappeared from the USA medias. They have not made any performance appearances on USA television programs in decades nor have USA medias spoken about them. They pretty much are only well known in England, Great Britain area, and Europe at this point as the medias from these countries are the only ones that talk about them and invite them to their television shows to perform, but USA none at all. And if something were to happen to one or more of the members, only England and other European medias would cover the stories and it would be a very big deal whereas the USA medias would have no idea who they are and would not even cover their stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 05:08 AM

2,393 posts, read 1,564,146 times
I know Prince Charles was a fan

Old 07-07-2021, 03:24 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,730,320 times
In 1968 or so, they appeared at a night club in Boston where I worked. It was the first time I went all the way (as we said) with a black girl. Loved it.........LOL

Old 07-07-2021, 04:55 PM

2,393 posts, read 1,564,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
In 1968 or so, they appeared at a night club in Boston where I worked. It was the first time I went all the way (as we said) with a black girl. Loved it.........LOL
Boston, Lincolnshire?

Old 07-09-2021, 02:50 AM

27,157 posts, read 13,444,010 times
When will we see then again.
When will we share precious moments?
Will I have to wait forever?…

Old 07-09-2021, 12:29 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,060,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
You don’t just play golf then, John?

Old 07-09-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
When will we see then again.
When will we share precious moments?
Will I have to wait forever?…
You sound like you have been boozing.

Old 07-09-2021, 12:36 PM

Sheila Ferguson turns up on British tv now and then. The last time I saw her on tv, was for a series called ‘The Real Marigold Hotel’ where celebrities visited India, to see if they could retire over there. It was a good series, and all the people on there were quite funny and entertaining.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:46 AM

27,157 posts, read 13,444,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
You sound like you have been boozing.
I wish, I will have a glass of wine later on tonight.

I don't really do Karaoke, so that's the nearest you will get to me singing 'When Will I meet you again' by the Three Degrees.

I often wonder why they called themselves the Three Degrees, and which one was hot, which one was cold and which one was just medium lukewarm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom