Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 04:23 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
It's crazy money, isn't it? It's seems to live in London nowadays, in the main, you either have to be very poor, or very rich. But, things can change, it all depends on events. It seems some of the rich are getting nervous....... they don't like it when the surfs rebel.........
As Bec has called for it........ WE NEED TO STAY POSITIVE! LOL

Nope I think it will have to change

Old 07-03-2016, 04:28 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
As Bec has called for it........ WE NEED TO STAY POSITIVE! LOL

Nope I think it will have to change
I am being positive........ I sense a wind of change blowing through these islands.

Old 07-03-2016, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I am being positive........ I sense a wind of change blowing through these islands.
Yup it's the kick up the arse we needed I'm sure

Old 07-03-2016, 07:47 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,727,746 times
Positives about Brexit:

1. London property prices will go down.
2. More social housing will become available as long as the government continues its build program, although this relies on the economy.
3. We can trade more freely with ASEAN and strengthen our ties with Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
4. In case of shortage or elevated costs from the EU, Latin America can be our bread basket. Countries like Brazil, Argentina and Peru are agricultural giants with relatively high production standards.

My main concerns:

1. The financial industry is by far the driver of our economy. EU passporting for the city is a must.
2. Our Pisa rankings are abysmal and university fees need to come down - our education system needs a complete overhaul if we're going to be successful - this will become more pronounced with Brexit.
3. Our brand: If we're looked upon as "Little England" the world will be hesitant to associate themselves and therefore invest in us, there's been questions in Australia, Canada, NZ and the US as to why be tied to these increasingly isolated islands. Conversely the rest of the fast growing world are watching closely xenophobic tendencies towards their people; Asia, Africa, LatAm and even a diverse USA (i.e. Manchester tram incident). A positive case needs to be made for the UK and the hate on immigrants quelled.
4. Divisions: We're wasting too much energy bickering amongst ourselves on one side there's the gloating and smugness on the other side there's the dismissal and looking down upon. Dividing lines of class, region, political ideology, race, age, education, etc. have all come to the fore in a nasty way.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Positives about Brexit:

1. London property prices will go down.
2. More social housing will become available as long as the government continues its build program, although this relies on the economy.
3. We can trade more freely with ASEAN and strengthen our ties with Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
4. In case of shortage or elevated costs from the EU, Latin America can be our bread basket. Countries like Brazil, Argentina and Peru are agricultural giants with relatively high production standards.

My main concerns:

1. The financial industry is by far the driver of our economy. EU passporting for the city is a must.
2. Our Pisa rankings are abysmal and university fees need to come down - our education system needs a complete overhaul if we're going to be successful - this will become more pronounced with Brexit.
3. Divisions: We're wasting too much energy bickering amongst ourselves on one side there's the gloating and smugness on the other side there's the dismissal and looking down upon. Dividing lines of class, region, political ideology, race, age, education, etc. have all come to the fore in a nasty way.
Top top post mate and agree

Old 07-03-2016, 09:24 AM

733 posts, read 603,149 times
Congratulations! I would vote in favor of Brexit if I were eligible.

Without E.U, UK still can do business with Europe and the rest of the world. Brexit isn't a bad news for average British people.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
Congratulations! I would vote in favor of Brexit if I were eligible.

Without E.U, UK still can do business with Europe and the rest of the world. Brexit isn't a bad news for average British people.
That's my opinion as well mate

Old 07-03-2016, 09:37 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
Pueblofuerte has good points. To me, Brexit hopefully means more and higher paying jobs available for loyal subjects of the queen. The competition from other countries was making it hard for UK citizens to get decent job and wages. It seems that there was a lot of dispondency and people losing self respect and hope because of not being able to find good jobs. The class-ism in UK sucks a__ though, but I'm not sure if they can get away from that.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Pueblofuerte has good points. To me, Brexit hopefully means more and higher paying jobs available for loyal subjects of the queen. The competition from other countries was making it hard for UK citizens to get decent job and wages. It seems that there was a lot of dispondency and people losing self respect and hope because of not being able to find good jobs. The class-ism in UK sucks a__ though, but I'm not sure if they can get away from that.
Yeah that's what I've been SCREAMING!!! Even before the vote....

Less people means more jobs and as they wont be able to find the people we can pretty much demand what we want £££ wise

And especially in construction... My game

Old 07-03-2016, 10:15 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yeah that's what I've been SCREAMING!!! Even before the vote....

Less people means more jobs and as they wont be able to find the people we can pretty much demand what we want £££ wise

And especially in construction... My game
Good for you, sweetie. By the way can you tell me why the seaside cities seem so run down now? Where we live, lots of people want to live near water, so those properties cost more. Of course the government HEAVILY subsidizes the flood insurance costs...but in England, why is there so little development near the coast?

I'm saying NEAR, but I'm a fan of making sure that we replant the shorelines with some plants, grasses etc to make them beautiful and keep the water clean. We can do that and also have some houses nearby. Why don't people develop the housing near the coastal areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom