Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2017, 03:52 AM

703 posts, read 446,674 times

Advertisements

I read that the Bank of England intends to rein in consumer credit. I'll believe it when I see it. Unrestricted borrowing and Government help with mortgages which many will default on come hard(er) times is simply storing up trouble for the future.
It always amuses me how the Government bangs on about the country needing to live within its means whilst it encourages everyone else to borrow to the hilt.
Spenders are rewarded whilst savers are penalised. I've seen all this before and it always ends in a financial bomb going off.
Philip Hammond recently said - 'If your bank manager contacts you to say that your credit card limit has been increased by £500, you don't just go out and spend that £500 do you.'
Top marks for naivety Mr Hammond - that's precisely what people do !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spending in this country has reached obscene levels. The NHS is on it's knees. The housing market has been wrecked by right wing policies. Are we all mad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 01:05 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,549,150 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQHbA3dyXBU&

saw that on youtube a while back, yes it's an ad for moneyweek magazine... they did a good job painting a story though to make it look real
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom