Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2008, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,758 times

Advertisements

Hi, im trying to find anyone who has studied with Computrain-uk.com
now i have founds lots of ppl commenting on how you shouldnt blaa blaa blaa, but i want to find someone that actually has done this with them and gained a job through it or if it was a load of rubbish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 03:47 PM

318 posts, read 934,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKington View Post
Hi, im trying to find anyone who has studied with Computrain-uk.com
now i have founds lots of ppl commenting on how you shouldnt blaa blaa blaa, but i want to find someone that actually has done this with them and gained a job through it or if it was a load of rubbish.
DONT DO IT

Computrain-UK are just middle-men its much cheaper and quicker to do it yourself and better.

Well for my experience, I used them and the people that comment about not using them are right they are completely useless very crap indeed. They say you will have a mentor throughout the course to help you and will keep in contact well they don't every time I needed something I had to chase them and if I sent an email it was a 50/50 chance of getting a reply then when I did get in contact with them I would have to wait a couple more days.

When I started the course it took me about 2 months to get started waiting for a password and login and for them to tell me what to do, also the help online is pathetic still not sure what they were there for. Once I had started I had spent weeks going through some of the material they provide for them to turn around and say all the material was out of date and I would need o start again like it was my fault. So I flipped my lid and had a big row down the phone said some things I shouldn't have and wanted my money back but they were not about to give my money back so in the end I downloaded all the answers for the course and took the exams through them but didn't bother with their material they provided so I suppose I cheated in the end not liked I cared they shouldn't have messed me about.

Then with the job guarantee at the end, which is the main reason I did the course was not the money they mention on the website to get that you will need a few yrs experience. I got the impression they want you to fail because when I had nearly finished my exams the remaining ones I had to wait ages for while they were making excuses. They seem to work like an agency people that pass can work in certain company's that's how they must provide a job guarantee. I started at around £16000 which is not very good at all and I had to go miles from where I wanted I was only in the company for a month decided that IT wasn't for me.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,021 times
My experinece was in total contrast to the one mentioned above. I Did the web desighn course and passed. I spoke to my mentor today he is very responsive to my calls. I have an interview tommorow with a well known organisation fingers crossed. Computrain helped me alot i found my experience a good one i understand that some ppl may not have had the same experience but i personally didnt so its not all doom and gloom like some others are making out.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:24 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,324,146 times
Hmmmm. Who to believe?

The member with 317 posts, or two new members with one post?

It's a toughie.

SKington. If loads of people have told you it's rubbish, why not believe them?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:56 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,026,600 times
Would add on to this, they are in my opinon merely sales people (not sharing my experience on a open forum).

Having said that I personally know somebody it worked for.

My advise is to stay clear.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,394 times
Dealing with this company is an absolute nightmare, and they are masters of ignorance. After 6 weeks of calling them several times every day and leaving tons of messages, i finally got in touch with the ONLY guy who is able to sort out my issue! He acted surprised and tried to make some excuses about him being away bla bla, although the sales people were saying that "he is in a meeting at the moment"(for 6 weeks ). My issue is still not sorted though. I have also already called "tradingstandards" and i hope they will be able to help me.

So, to any 1 considering signing up for their "training": Think twice before doing something irresponsible. I wouldn't recommend them at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom