Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 10:04 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
Ah, that reminds me of the Walking Dead. The survivors tend to be in low density areas. When a zombie or virus outbreak happens, your chances of survival is in the rural areas. Also, think about the Rapture. The Almighty Lord might have a hard time finding you in high density places and therefore, your chances of being saved is unlikely.

Actually I was thinking more about a disruption in the food supply and how large populations would adapt. I believe that the supermarket shelves would empty quick and then it might end up as a strongest wins competition. It is hard to say how it would go down. There is a chance that some form of government could keep everything under control. When you look at the divide in our Country without a war I just feel that things could get bad real fast. In rural areas there is a chance some areas might be overlooked by large populations salvaging and scrounging for anything they can get their hands on. And rural, besides having some food in nature, could grow food.

I think of it like I think of our Earth right now. We have all of our eggs in one basket. If that large asteroid hits now; humanity would be wiped off the face of the Earth. However, if we had colonies on the moon or Mars, they could recolonize the Earth in future generations. Of course one never knows. A solar flare could wipe out the Earth and the Moon and Mars colonies! The same might be true of thinking we are better off spread out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 10:44 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,216,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
Ah, that reminds me of the Walking Dead. The survivors tend to be in low density areas. When a zombie or virus outbreak happens, your chances of survival is in the rural areas. Also, think about the Rapture. The Almighty Lord might have a hard time finding you in high density places and therefore, your chances of being saved is unlikely.
Zombies, yes. Rapture, no. God can find you even in the lowest levels of the New York subway system in the dark. That's why he's God.

(If you're thinking no one can find you there, you're probably an atheist)

Old 08-26-2018, 02:38 PM

839 posts, read 735,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Zombies, yes. Rapture, no. God can find you even in the lowest levels of the New York subway system in the dark. That's why he's God.

(If you're thinking no one can find you there, you're probably an atheist)
Nonsense! The human soul cannot pass through New York City's bedrock.

This is why people should build sprawling, segregated suburbs to make it easier for God to do the Rapture. Just one snap of his finger and he can easily pick all those white, middle/upper-class Christians who live together in the (preferably gated) suburbs to his fold without going through each one individually to assess if one is a John Smith or a Chung Li or, god forbid, a Faisal Mahmood. That will take a lot of his time. Let's make this easy for God. Let's segregate ourselves into low-density suburbs!

Old 08-30-2018, 02:11 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,617,580 times
Ya'll need to lay off the Zerohedge koolade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning