Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 426 times

Advertisements

Was given the option to move from current location in Texas to Vermont. I enjoy the idea of small town living due to the fact that I am originally from the DC area and hated how crowded and congested it was so, as soon as I got an opportunity I left! I've spent the last couple years here in west Texas and I really want to move somewhere more scenic and family friendly. One thing I'm worried about is that I've heard Vermont is very liberal, not that there is anything wrong with that, but I consider myself center right...more libertarian than republican to be honest...but I wouldn't want to be ostracized in the community for my opinions. So if you think that might be a big deal let me know. Also a fire arms enthusiast, so was wondering the status of gun laws in the state. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 07:13 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
You won't be ostracized. Even in Montpelier, which is one of the most liberal towns in the state, I don't think conservatives are ostracized. They don't get many candidates elected to office, but not ostracized.

Franklin County is actually one of the more conservative areas of the state, with two Republican senators and Republican or conservative Democratic representatives, so you shouldn't have trouble fitting in.

And as for gun laws, Vermont is known to have some of the most permissive gun laws in the country. I don't believe any permits or even carry permits are required. Hunting is a very popular activity up here, and gun ownership is very common.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:34 PM

809 posts, read 998,220 times
Liberals are different from Republicans. Unlike the current GOP "Make America Great Again," or the Democrats' centrist, "Because We Care," the rallying cry for liberals is, "On the Other Hand..."

You are not going to harassed by liberals for your opinions, no matter how far outside the norm, your ownership, use and defense of firearms or for whatever unusual foods you bring up from Texas. Trust me on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of: