Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,487,222 times

Advertisements

I talked with a group of old college friends (they're all in their mid to late 20s) and we brought up computer gaming. Seems they were all into it but they were shocked to hear that I'm into World of Warcraft. They were like, who wants to play that game when they're social games on Facebook like Farmville.

I've grown up with games like Doom, Starcraft, Sim City, Final Fantasy, etc. well over half of my life and I still finding it shocking those Facebook games are catching on with mainstream society much faster..

*rant*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 03:16 PM

615 posts, read 856,570 times
You can still socialize in multiplayer games. It'll be a very big difference in the people you chat with, but it's still possible. I've had some pretty good conversations and made some good friends playing co-op and multiplayer games on my Xbox 360.

I do agree that these games like FarmVille get tons of socialized gaming activity. I used to play FarmVille, but it got boring after a while, so I went back to play those "real" games.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:57 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,520,931 times
By computer games I'm guessing you mean PC and console games right? Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it, the social games are attracting all kinds of people that never really played games at all in the first place, but they're not gonna turn anyone off from real game to play the social ones exclusively. The social games are just attracting an audience that was never there, all the people who were playing real games are still playing em. Also, the real ones are already really social and getting more so, so it's not like we're behind or anything either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games