Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:58 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times

Advertisements

a sports RPG MMO, not the kind facebook or the asians make. One where you actually play and improve your stats and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 03:19 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,880,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
I'd like a Civil War First Person Shooter... Start at the beginning of the war, survive battles, gain promotions, etc... I don't want to run the battle/war, I just want to fight in them...
There were a few FPS civil war shooters "History Channel: Civil War" and maybe a sequal that I played a few years back. They weren't that bad, or that good either. The problem is it tried too much to play as a traditional FPS and really didn't feel like 19th century warfare.
If you want a good FPS experience, almost a line battle/battle re-enactment simulator, I would recommend Mount & Blades Napoleonic War expansion (but only in the regulated line battle, or commander, mode). However it is online only and doesn't recreate a campaign, just a battle. They will be coming out with a civil war mod sooner or later for it.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:26 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,880,115 times
I have a few games I would like to see made:

E.A.'s Fight Night that will FINALLY utilize PS3's Move device

I have yet to find one turn-based Napoleonic War-era grand strategy game that I like (I know, I know - there is "Napoleon Total War", which I enjoy, but it's strategic map and play was too simple, and the tactical battles are too time consuming...and there is "Crown of Glory" but I could never get past the interface.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM

994 posts, read 1,591,969 times
I wish they made a game where you could throw **** at people in an office or other workplace environment or set stink bombs in their cubicles. Call it "Office Rage" for the PS3/Xbox360/PC/Wii. Have it in the game where you shoot that damn secretary with a potato gun, then when that fat coworker of yours comes out of his/her/whatever's cubicle, you hit them in their face with a pie. Something like that would be funny.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:11 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
I wish they made a game where you could throw **** at people in an office or other workplace environment or set stink bombs in their cubicles. Call it "Office Rage" for the PS3/Xbox360/PC/Wii. Have it in the game where you shoot that damn secretary with a potato gun, then when that fat coworker of yours comes out of his/her/whatever's cubicle, you hit them in their face with a pie. Something like that would be funny.
Bad day at work?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:21 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,291,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
There were a few FPS civil war shooters "History Channel: Civil War" and maybe a sequal that I played a few years back. They weren't that bad, or that good either. The problem is it tried too much to play as a traditional FPS and really didn't feel like 19th century warfare.
If you want a good FPS experience, almost a line battle/battle re-enactment simulator, I would recommend Mount & Blades Napoleonic War expansion (but only in the regulated line battle, or commander, mode). However it is online only and doesn't recreate a campaign, just a battle. They will be coming out with a civil war mod sooner or later for it.
Thanks... I"d seen the History Channel game before but just assumed since they weren't really a "gaming company" that the game would likely suck....

I'll check out Mount & Blades though... Sounds interesting..

Old 08-10-2012, 05:19 AM

629 posts, read 1,174,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
I'd like a Civil War First Person Shooter... Start at the beginning of the war, survive battles, gain promotions, etc... I don't want to run the battle/war, I just want to fight in them...
Battlegrounds!

Media « The Battle Grounds :: Latest News

Old 08-10-2012, 05:23 AM

629 posts, read 1,174,968 times
I want a Freelancer type game but with a true surface-to-space graphics engine, like Outerra or Infinity

I just want to live a Han Solo life, flying around the galaxy doing interesting things.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:02 PM

82 posts, read 267,871 times
A president simulator. You running the country.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:34 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chtucker18 View Post
A president simulator. You running the country.
I laughed out loud at this one. Don't think it would work though, there's no way to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games