Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 12:25 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,628,692 times

Advertisements

I just have a question for those that keep up to date with the latest versions of the Madden games on any platform. Out of the latest versions 12 and 13, which would you say has the best in game atmosphere, such as graphics, audio, things going on in the stadium to make you feel that you are really watching a real game? Such as actual loud crowd noise, good presentation, things going on in the stands or sidelines, etc? Just curious because I'm more of a casual gamer and love all of that more than the minor gameplay tweaks that are made each version. The latest version of Madden I have played was 08, and that was so flat- it was just boring in a game because the crowds were quiet and dull, there was nothing going on in the stadium, and the announcer/presentation was flat giving absolutely no feeling of it being a real game, it just felt like a flat, quiet football simulation.
So anyway I am looking to buy a newer version and want to know what the atmosphere is like in 12 or 13, and if 13 is worth the extra $$ in regards to any better presentation.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,848,868 times
I've only played 12 a couple times, but put a lot of time into 11 and 13. In terms of playing actual games, 13 is the way to go. The physics engine is great, I like the announcers better, and the visuals are pretty good. 13 Also plays more realistically as long as you don't actively try to expose glitches and such in the AI. However, there are still some odd logic problems with the cpu AI.

The big downfall of 13 is the fact that they took out so many features and really REALLY messed up in how they handle the career modes. If you don't care about the career modes, you can't beat 13.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 PM

306 posts, read 690,111 times
Please don't play 12. One of the worst Maddens in recent years. Go with 13.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,628,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
Please don't play 12. One of the worst Maddens in recent years. Go with 13.
Thanks for the info, I've been leaning that way after reading some reviews. So how is crowd noise in 13- is it much louder and more realistic sounding than in the older versions? I know that shouldn't matter much, but to me the quiet, almost nonexistent crowd noise in all the older versions was the biggest thing to me making it feel like they lacked any kind of real game atmosphere. A real game here in Seattle would be so loud you can't hear yourself think, so to play in Seattle on Madden and have the crowd be nothing but a quiet background buzz as it always was on the older versions was so fake, made the game so boring.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:35 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,848,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Thanks for the info, I've been leaning that way after reading some reviews. So how is crowd noise in 13- is it much louder and more realistic sounding than in the older versions? I know that shouldn't matter much, but to me the quiet, almost nonexistent crowd noise in all the older versions was the biggest thing to me making it feel like they lacked any kind of real game atmosphere. A real game here in Seattle would be so loud you can't hear yourself think, so to play in Seattle on Madden and have the crowd be nothing but a quiet background buzz as it always was on the older versions was so fake, made the game so boring.
Just mess with the audio settings so that the crowd is louder than everything else.

I turned the crowd noise down in 13 since I could barely hear the announcers. I find it annoying to be honest, but to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games