Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 11:11 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,218,713 times

Advertisements

Since there are two threads dealing with the PS4 and PC versions, how about some feedback from my fellow Xbox players. Did any of you guys liked the game okay? I haven't bought it yet but it looks pretty interesting and the reviews seemed to have been generally positive with a few issues such as the combat being similar to GTA V outside of the stealth combat and hacking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 02:25 AM

239 posts, read 618,145 times
It doesn't remind me of GTA at all. I'm about 50% through it now. Its challenging, but not so hard that I'm losing interest. I like the story so far. It isn't really a shoot em up game, has a nice mixture of action and brain teasers.
Having said that, I HATE the driving. Its sloppy and loose. I would give it about a 7.5 overall
I'm glad I bought it, although if I had to do it over again I may have waited a couple months and paid $40 instead of $60

Old 06-09-2014, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calif408 View Post
It doesn't remind me of GTA at all. I'm about 50% through it now. Its challenging, but not so hard that I'm losing interest. I like the story so far. It isn't really a shoot em up game, has a nice mixture of action and brain teasers.
Having said that, I HATE the driving. Its sloppy and loose. I would give it about a 7.5 overall
I'm glad I bought it, although if I had to do it over again I may have waited a couple months and paid $40 instead of $60
Oh that's interesting. How did you liked the Chicago environment and how were the police?

Old 06-09-2014, 10:37 PM

I really liked the Chicago aspect. I'm not from there but have visited. The poor cops LOL always getting outrun and shot

Old 06-10-2014, 02:13 AM

Quote:
I really liked the Chicago aspect. I'm not from there but have visited. The poor cops LOL always getting outrun and shot
Lol I heard they can be pretty relentless too And how big was the in-game Chicago? I saw an article that had it similar in size to GTA IV's Liberty City, only slightly bigger.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:51 PM

I think thats pretty accurate, a little bigger than LC.
I'm on the last chapter now and these cops are no joke! This is driving me crazy, I can't beat it no matter what.
Other than this chapter the cops have been pretty easy to escape. A tip, buy the steam pipe explosion early on, you'll use it.

Its fun, as soon as I beat it I'm going to play it through again!

Old 06-11-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I think thats pretty accurate, a little bigger than LC.
I'm on the last chapter now and these cops are no joke! This is driving me crazy, I can't beat it no matter what.
Other than this chapter the cops have been pretty easy to escape. A tip, buy the steam pipe explosion early on, you'll use it.

Its fun, as soon as I beat it I'm going to play it through again!
Great to know! Thanks for the feedback and the tip

It's also nice that it seems to have high replay value too.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:07 PM

934 posts, read 1,442,510 times
I have really enjoyed playing Watch_Dogs. There is so much to do. I especially love the Alone mini game. You can tell the creators did their homework when designing Chicago. The only thing that bugs me is they put hills and mountains in the background. Outside of Chicagoland is straight up prairie and farmland.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:13 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,399,636 times
Being from Chicago I thought they did a pretty good job with Chicago's Downtown area however outside of the CBD/ Loop it was poorly mapped. Depending on the vehicle the cops are pretty tough to shake, but a motorcycle and a few hacking abilities will do the trick

Old 06-16-2014, 05:53 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,806 times
Hey, remember how everyone was upset that WD didn't look as good as they showed in E3 2012? Well, come to find out they intentionally made the PC version worse but left the code in. You can mod it to make it look as it did before, this is crazy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwd55NvmHW8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games