Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Videography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 12:41 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,585,727 times

Advertisements

I really want to get a project started, but I don't even have enough confidence to ask anyone to help me with it. I wanted to create a local show, but I have no actors, no cameramen, and no knowledge on how to put anything together. I'm so depressed. I wish I could actually get something done around here. They could tell me it's bad and tell me to go home, but how will I know if I don't even feel like I'm going to be able to try?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 12:31 PM

777 posts, read 883,092 times
Google is your friend. Ask of it and it shall be answered.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:01 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,524,970 times
Are you talking about a public access show? Most local cable companies that offer cable access shows also provide some instruction and training. Call them and ask what they offer.

If you need bodies to help, contact the video/TV/communications department of you local community college or university. College kids are always looking for something to add to their resume.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Are you talking about a public access show? Most local cable companies that offer cable access shows also provide some instruction and training. Call them and ask what they offer.

If you need bodies to help, contact the video/TV/communications department of you local community college or university. College kids are always looking for something to add to their resume.
Good idea, but where would I find this in my area?

Old 07-11-2014, 01:00 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,621,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
Good idea, but where would I find this in my area?
I googled Mobile public access channels, and this is what I got:

Mobile County Public Schools TV Network (MCPSS)

Mobile County Public Schools :: MCPSS Television Network

From their page:

The Mobile County Public School System Television Network is a department of the school system and works along with the Office of Communication in directing the flow of information from the central office to other divisions, the schools, and the community.

The staff of the MCPSS TV Network is responsible for the taping, editing and programming of Communication news shows. The studio also provides contract work to outside businesses in the service of commercials, instructional videos, PSA's, event tapings, press conferences, and more. (okay, so you're an individual, but you could talk to them . . .)

The TV Studio broadcasts its educational programming on you tube, the district's website www.mcpss.com and two cable networks, Port City 6 on the Comcast Network and on Channel 70 on Mediacom Cable.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
I googled Mobile public access channels, and this is what I got:

Mobile County Public Schools TV Network (MCPSS)

Mobile County Public Schools :: MCPSS Television Network

From their page:

The Mobile County Public School System Television Network is a department of the school system and works along with the Office of Communication in directing the flow of information from the central office to other divisions, the schools, and the community.

The staff of the MCPSS TV Network is responsible for the taping, editing and programming of Communication news shows. The studio also provides contract work to outside businesses in the service of commercials, instructional videos, PSA's, event tapings, press conferences, and more. (okay, so you're an individual, but you could talk to them . . .)

The TV Studio broadcasts its educational programming on you tube, the district's website www.mcpss.com and two cable networks, Port City 6 on the Comcast Network and on Channel 70 on Mediacom Cable.

Not many people watch this channel. It's mainly to keep students and parents informed of school events. Is there anything else in my area? Where should I look?

Old 07-11-2014, 03:38 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,621,266 times
You can use the search engine Google for finding things: Google

I used it with the search words: public access TV stations

I found this link:

List of public-access TV stations in the United States (Alaska

There are about 10 public access TV stations in the state of AL (listed in AL in the link above)

Old 07-11-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
You can use the search engine Google for finding things: Google

I used it with the search words: public access TV stations

I found this link:

List of public-access TV stations in the United States (Alaska

There are about 10 public access TV stations in the state of AL (listed in AL in the link above)
Thanks anyway. I guess I'll do some searching on my own and see what I can come up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Videography