Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Videography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2008, 10:26 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,736,488 times

Advertisements

I took pictures/video clips on my compact digital camera this past weekend for a wedding. What is the best way to put the pictures and videos onto a playable DVD to include Titles/music/etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 08:43 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I took pictures/video clips on my compact digital camera this past weekend for a wedding. What is the best way to put the pictures and videos onto a playable DVD to include Titles/music/etc?
I like ProShow Gold for photos. I found out about it at a Camera Club meeting presentation. The man who was giving the presentation shot photos at Denali in Alaska and put nice applicable music to his slideshow presentation with a large assortment of slide transitions. I bought the software and usually make a show of my photos every month. These are the output options once you create your show:

DVD for TV playback
video CD to play on TV
video for cell phone, media player
video files in a variety of formats
streaming web show for a website
PC executable
video for uploading to You Tube
streaming flash webshow
autorun CD that plays on any PC (I use this one a lot)
e-mail executable
PC screensaver
the option to upload your show to the Photodex website

The last autorun CD I created also gave me the option, when I created the show, to save the individual photo files to the same CD. This allows the recipient to view the show and then go into Windows Explorer and save the photos they want to keep onto their own PC.

You can save the show in widescreen as well as 4:3 ratio (non-widescreen).

I really like the Photodex player. When the recipient of the CD, for example, loads the CD, it takes seconds to load the show and the person only has to click on the title slide to make it run automatically which is good for people who might receive your CD but don't have much PC skill. They don't need any special software to play your show. To exit out of the show at any time, just right click on the show and select Exit.

The TV DVD one works well, too, but the quality of the DVD is only as good as your TV so a show on your flatscreen computer monitor may look a lot better than a show on your TV if you have an old TV.

For myself, I just create a PC executable of my show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Videography