Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2010, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 31,097 times

Advertisements

Is the Congress Heights area a safe neighborhood in DC? I am single mom of two who just received a job offer in Alexandria, VA in looking for affordable housing for myself I notice that Congress Heights has some affordable properties.

I am looking for the safest, most economical neighborhoods I can find in and Around the Arlington, VA area? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 03:01 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,955,400 times
One of the worst areas in DC.
If I was you I wouldn't look at anything East of the Anacostia River or anything in Ward 7 or 8, even though I live in ward 7 myself. lol.
In all seriousness though its really not a good area at all and crime is sky high. That whole area along Stanton rd, Alabama ave, Martin Luther King jr. ave, Wheeler rd, good hope rd, naylor road, savannah terrace, whaler place, yuma st, livingston rd, etc should be avoided.

Last edited by BKmachine; 04-30-2010 at 03:13 PM..

Old 05-03-2010, 07:39 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,109 times
Don't do it. I would live in Alexandria personally.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:49 PM

41 posts, read 96,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -.- View Post
One of the worst areas in DC.
If I was you I wouldn't look at anything East of the Anacostia River or anything in Ward 7 or 8, even though I live in ward 7 myself. lol.
In all seriousness though its really not a good area at all and crime is sky high. That whole area along Stanton rd, Alabama ave, Martin Luther King jr. ave, Wheeler rd, good hope rd, naylor road, savannah terrace, whaler place, yuma st, livingston rd, etc should be avoided.

I concur lol. Living there yourself might night be a big problem, but the safety of your children will be an issue. Luckily for me, I know people in the area because I live there. But it's definitely the baddest part of DC.

However, I WILL say this. Congress Heights has changed, ALOT. It's no where near as bad as it use to be, I guess because of gentrification.

But I wouldn't suggest it.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:58 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,955,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaront View Post
I concur lol. Living there yourself might night be a big problem, but the safety of your children will be an issue. Luckily for me, I know people in the area because I live there. But it's definitely the baddest part of DC.

However, I WILL say this. Congress Heights has changed, ALOT. It's no where near as bad as it use to be, I guess because of gentrification.

But I wouldn't suggest it.
Yea it has changed a lot, I remember when Wahler was all projects and not townhouses. damn where does the time go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC