Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 08:06 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Eli Manning has a Super Bowl ring to prove his creds. He also had a terrible running game and weak receivers this year. Stop with moronic comprisons.

RGIII wasn't worth the salary this year. The chances are good he won't be next year despite a top 5 running game to compliment his "passing".
I mean you said franchise QB....just saying. Sounds like you are moving the goal post, no pun intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 07:46 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,162,957 times
Quote:
Eli Manning has a Super Bowl ring to prove his creds. He also had a terrible running game and weak receivers this year. Stop with moronic comprisons.

RGIII wasn't worth the salary this year. The chances are good he won't be next year despite a top 5 running game to compliment his "passing".
How do you know what his chances are if he is 100% healthy. Look, I get that you don't like RG3 but when he was healthy, he dominated. That's a fact. Based on that, you cannot make a determination on what he will or won't do. It's a wait and see. But history has shown that his second year after a major knee surgery, he came back to win the Heisman and dominate his peers.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:48 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,162,957 times
Quote:

Come on dude, you sound really uninformed and sour. The Redskins had a horrible defense, one receiver and a poor O line. If you are not going to give RG3 a pass about his knee, how can you give Eli a pass. You sound ridiculous.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:37 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,459,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Come on dude, you sound really uninformed and sour. The Redskins had a horrible defense, one receiver and a poor O line. If you are not going to give RG3 a pass about his knee, how can you give Eli a pass. You sound ridiculous.
I'll give you one receiver and a terrible defense, but most of the league would swap their O line for the Redskins'. They were running that zone blocking scheme pretty well, and the lanes were there all season for Morris. Redskins nation knocks them for passpro, but a lot of the sacks were on RGIII.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:41 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,995,391 times
Quote:
How do you know what his chances are if he is 100% healthy. Look, I get that you don't like RG3 but when he was healthy, he dominated. That's a fact. Based on that, you cannot make a determination on what he will or won't do. It's a wait and see. But history has shown that his second year after a major knee surgery, he came back to win the Heisman and dominate his peers.
He was 100% by the end of the season and he was still a mediocre passer. RGIII cannot run like he did in season 1 -- he will get hurt again. If he can't run much, then he has to be able to pass well. He can't pass well and his fundamentals are terrible. I think he is essentially uncoachable so I doubt his fundamentals improve.

I think RGIII was, like Albert Haynesworth, just a very poor personnel decision. There are many Heisman winners who don't make much of a splash in the pros -- Tim Tebow, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch -- the list is really long. Very few running college quarterback make decent pro qbs. RGIII falls into that camp IMO. Trade him now while he is worth something.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
You sound like you never played the game. The Redskins had a good offensive line and a top 5 running game, which if we had a decent QB would have opened up the passing game. All the Redskins lacked in terms of receiving this year was a good tight end. Even the best receivers can't catch a ball ten feet over their head.

I don't give Eli Manning a "pass" I explain that the Giants were totally one dimensional this year. If you lack a running game in pro football, your passing game will not work either. Manning has proved himself in years past, RGIII has not proved anything except if he behaves recklessly he can gain yards running until someone takes his knee out again.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:22 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
He was 100% by the end of the season and he was still a mediocre passer. RGIII cannot run like he did in season 1 -- he will get hurt again. If he can't run much, then he has to be able to pass well. He can't pass well and his fundamentals are terrible. I think he is essentially uncoachable so I doubt his fundamentals improve.

I think RGIII was, like Albert Haynesworth, just a very poor personnel decision. There are many Heisman winners who don't make much of a splash in the pros -- Tim Tebow, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch -- the list is really long. Very few running college quarterback make decent pro qbs. RGIII falls into that camp IMO. Trade him now while he is worth something.
Now that's pretty funny. I can't tell if this is just some kind of internet gimmicks or if this is how you really are, but you just come off as a very bitter, disgruntled person who says off the wall things to get under people skin. I mean who in their right mind believes any NFL player is 100% (besides kickers)? Did you see some of the hits he took (which quite a few of them were absolutely his fault)? No way possible can anyone take you serious especially when you consider that this guy just had his second reconstructive surgery on his knee. There are people who have those surgeries, who never even play sports who aren't even 100% EVER, yet we are supposed to believe because you apparently talked to the man himself, and consulted his doctor, that RG3 was 100%, and that all of those hits were nothing and he has super human healing power?

Old 01-16-2014, 09:25 AM

720 posts, read 1,555,069 times
RG3 wasn't anywhere close to 100% at the end of the season. For someone who took the league by storm in his first year, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. You really can't make a call until you see him after a full (healthy) offseason of working on his fundamentals (progressing through his reads, how to read defenses, etc.). He had none of that this year. He's too talented of a player not to bounce back

Old 01-16-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Bossman View Post
RG3 wasn't anywhere close to 100% at the end of the season. For someone who took the league by storm in his first year, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. You really can't make a call until you see him after a full (healthy) offseason of working on his fundamentals (progressing through his reads, how to read defenses, etc.). He had none of that this year. He's too talented of a player not to bounce back
Tim Tebow says hi. You want a repeat of RGIII first season? That include his knee injury. To stay healthy he has to change his style of play. He did that this year and the results were not impressive.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:48 AM

720 posts, read 1,555,069 times
Quote:
Tim Tebow says hi. You want a repeat of RGIII first season? That include his knee injury. To stay healthy he has to change his style of play. He did that this year and the results were not impressive.
lol you're crazy. Tim Tebow in his first year was nowhere near RG3's level as a passer in his first year ever. The numbers are not even close.

RG3's results were not impressive this year because he came back from reconstructive knee surgery with absolutely no offseason training or preseason to help him progress to the next level. That's why he sucked, not because he can't pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC