Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 11:58 AM

27 posts, read 37,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
In parts of the Inner-Beltway, no thanks to DC.
While inside the beltway PG is definitely higher in density when it comes to crimes, the rest of PG isn't exactly immune. Just check here: https://www.crimereports.com/ (unfortunately I can't link to a specific search, you'll have to find it on your own).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 12:09 PM

566 posts, read 1,557,004 times
Ya'll can pick apart every one of my words, but I stand by the intent of my post. Anacostia will see vast improvements from gentrification, and most of Prince George's County within the beltway has serious crime problems and social issues. Sorry for not specifying "inside the beltway." I almost bought a house in Hyattsville last year so yes I am aware that there are some nice areas.

And for the record, in my mind a yuppie doesn't have a racial profile. I'd never even heard of the word "buppie" until I saw it on this site and looked it up on Urban Dictionary. Yuppie, buppie, whatever you want to call them - they are improving the District.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:15 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,210,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetWorth View Post
While inside the beltway PG is definitely higher in density when it comes to crimes, the rest of PG isn't exactly immune. Just check here: https://www.crimereports.com/ (unfortunately I can't link to a specific search, you'll have to find it on your own).
I'm well aware of that since I live here (born and raised), but it annoys to no end how people think a county with a population a little bigger than San Francisco and geographically almost as big as the City of Los Angeles gets molded into one giant over-generalization. Not all of the county looks Suitland, and even then, there are even a few parts of Suitland that looks pretty decent.

Btw, the first sentence in your post could also be applied to the relationship between EOTR/Anacostia and NW as well

Old 03-27-2014, 12:26 PM

26 posts, read 34,885 times
probably because of the murders and crime.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:41 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
I'm well aware of that since I live here (born and raised), but it annoys to no end how people think a county with a population a little bigger than San Francisco and geographically almost as big as the City of Los Angeles gets molded into one giant over-generalization.

most likely because they never go there.

not yet enough yuppies for them.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:29 PM

465 posts, read 657,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I feel Anacostia will be the new "Penn Quarter" by 2018...give it some time.

The neighborhood is definitely coming up and into its own.

I feel Anacostia will be the new "Penn Quarter" by 2018...give it some time.

Bruh, I love the southside but let's not get carried away please....

Old 03-27-2014, 01:34 PM

465 posts, read 657,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbed Enthusiasm View Post
Ya'll can pick apart every one of my words, but I stand by the intent of my post. Anacostia will see vast improvements from gentrification, and most of Prince George's County within the beltway has serious crime problems and social issues. Sorry for not specifying "inside the beltway." I almost bought a house in Hyattsville last year so yes I am aware that there are some nice areas.

And for the record, in my mind a yuppie doesn't have a racial profile. I'd never even heard of the word "buppie" until I saw it on this site and looked it up on Urban Dictionary. Yuppie, buppie, whatever you want to call them - they are improving the District.

Here's the thing, the inside the beltway portion of PGC is pretty small when you take into account that the county is about 500 square miles!! BTW Buppie has been around for quite sometime you should get out more.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:09 PM

people must be thinking that the future of dc will be like something in "1984".

Old 03-27-2014, 02:13 PM

27 posts, read 37,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
people must be thinking that the future of dc will be like something in "1984".
No, we're thinking it will be something like Manhattan.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:28 PM

^ nah. dc will never be like manhattan, so chill with that noise.
dc doesn't even want to be like manhattan anyway, because you
can't even build up that high. Plus, you have too much going on
with the feds to be like any other city. you might as well stay
low-key like you've been doing for the last 142 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: