Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 12:29 AM

116 posts, read 114,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusic29 View Post
My pet peeve is the ones who stand in the bright yellow zone that says "NO STANDING' and block the back door so I, and others, can not get off! And then have the audacity to cop an attitude when you bring that to their attention. It says "NO STANDING"...
Exactly. I have a lot of pet peeves about bus passengers like people pulling the bell to early or too late. When they pull it to early, most times they say nothing to the driver and expect him to know that they want the next stop. It's like theyr'e scared to say "next stop" . The ones who pull it late expect the driver to slam on the brakes at the last minute and cop an attitude if the driver passes the stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 06:44 PM

249 posts, read 399,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusic29 View Post
My pet peeve is the ones who stand in the bright yellow zone that says "NO STANDING' and block the back door so I, and others, can not get off! And then have the audacity to cop an attitude when you bring that to their attention. It says "NO STANDING"...
I stand near the back door, whatchu gonna do about it?

Old 05-04-2014, 06:56 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,887 times
You'd rather bus service more poorly serve the community? If people had to walk that far to a stop, lots would just hop in their car and clog the streets even more.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:07 PM

536 posts, read 611,168 times
I don't think most would notice the difference if it was every 3-4 blocks instead of 1-2. At most you are 1.5 to 2 blocks away of a bus stops every 3-4 blocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthEast Coast 202 View Post
I stand near the back door, whatchu gonna do about it?
Say excuse me 100 meters before the bus stops.
If that fails, Lower my shoulder and shove on through. I am a pretty big guy and try to be reserved, but I also won't be late to work because that is a write up in regimented DC, even if it is a minute!

Old 05-05-2014, 12:14 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
I'd rather bus stops be like what the 79 is on Georgia Ave. I dislike the 70 because of the stops.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 PM

536 posts, read 611,168 times
I have taken both of those a few times. Do not recall the 79 but as I remember, the 70 is slow as a snail. Constant stops. Got off the last mile and got to my destination before the bus got there. I have run alongside buses for long periods of times. That is not saying I am fast...but just says just how many stops a bus makes. That can not be good for breaks over time, no? I think it would save more money (less wear and tear, such as breaks) over the long run if there were less stops...Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC