Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2015, 07:01 PM

3 posts, read 3,065 times

Advertisements

I'm getting my masters degree in social work in NYS and I'm looking to get a second masters in education. What I want to ultimately focus on is School-Community relations and urban education. Does anyone know any companies like this? Or any agencies that focus on children/youth in general?

I've already looked into Communities in Schools but can't seem to get in contact with anyone there.

*I don't want to necessarily work in healthcare although I know this is big in social work right now*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 09:42 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Look, I do applaud your devotion to helping people, and it's a noble course, but can I ask how much debt you will be in with two masters degrees? I ask because jobs in the career you are choosing will always pay very, very low salaries.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:54 PM

Thanks for your response. No I won't tell you how much debt I'll be in. It doesn't matter. I asked about agencies in the area. Can you tell me anything about that?

Old 01-02-2015, 10:08 PM

580 posts, read 777,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swrkgraduateindc View Post
Thanks for your response. No I won't tell you how much debt I'll be in. It doesn't matter. I asked about agencies in the area. Can you tell me anything about that?

Not to sound callous, but I hope you are independently wealthy. Especially trying to living in DMV.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:14 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,360,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swrkgraduateindc View Post
No need to be rude, spencgr asked a very valid question considering the cost of living in the DC area.

Not sure where in NYS you reside, but plan to face a massive sticker shock especially if you are coming from upstate.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:35 PM

293 posts, read 317,196 times
DC has a large multitude of non-profits in the area that deal with all sorts of aspects of what you are looking for. You could search for jobs on Indeed and research organizations that come up.

There is always the federal government as well.

Old 01-03-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post
DC has a large multitude of non-profits in the area that deal with all sorts of aspects of what you are looking for. You could search for jobs on Indeed and research organizations that come up.

There is always the federal government as well.
Thank you for your response! I will take another crack at Indeed...maybe narrow my search a little.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:11 PM

2,044 posts, read 2,960,739 times
There is also DC Government: OSSE, DCPS, Department of Parks, DOH, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC