Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 04:29 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,521,257 times

Advertisements

Its pretty idiotic to have a conversation like this on a public forum where any terrorist could read for information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 07:12 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaryland455 View Post
Everyone always talk about the airport being attack by ISIS but no one in the D.C. area ever thought about our Metro System. If our metro system was attacked that would LITERALLY handicapped the whole metropolitan area.
Oh believe me, that's the first thing I thought of. It's a large, crowded place with little to no security where large numbers of people are trapped underground. What a perfect place for a terrorist to blow themselves up and blow up hundreds of people. The loss of life would probably be very bad.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Oh believe me, that's the first thing I thought of. It's a large, crowded place with little to no security where large numbers of people are trapped underground. What a perfect place for a terrorist to blow themselves up and blow up hundreds of people. The loss of life would probably be very bad.
Good job. Why don't you just write a guide book for the terrorists with instructions on how to attack DC and post it here.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Good job. Why don't you just write a guide book for the terrorists with instructions on how to attack DC and post it here.
Oh come on, you think they couldn't figure that out themselves? There were already similar attacks in London.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:21 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,765 times
I can't see it worst than what Redline is doing to themselves!

Old 11-21-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Oh come on, you think they couldn't figure that out themselves? There were already similar attacks in London.
Sure they could figure it out themselves. But why help them?

Old 11-21-2015, 03:56 PM

832 posts, read 1,417,416 times
Quote:
Sure they could figure it out themselves. But why help them?
Yes.

Because people who want to do bad things will stop planning and doing them if we don't talk about it.

That theory helps the teen pregnancy rates too.

Bill Burr brought this issue up in one of his skits about beating your wife. One day a man wakes up and stops beating his wife because he saw an anti-domestic violence poster on the bus.

There's no one in this forum giving any motivation or assisting any plans or creating new ideas for anyone bent on committing mass murder.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
Yes.

Because people who want to do bad things will stop planning and doing them if we don't talk about it.

That theory helps the teen pregnancy rates too.

Bill Burr brought this issue up in one of his skits about beating your wife. One day a man wakes up and stops beating his wife because he saw an anti-domestic violence poster on the bus.

There's no one in this forum giving any motivation or assisting any plans or creating new ideas for anyone bent on committing mass murder.
What people are doing is discussing different weaknesses that might give someone an idea they didn't have before.

For instance.. I might be a car thief with every intention of stealing cars. Then I might go online to a forum like this were morons talk about the easiest way to steal a car or the best cars to steal. Now I have even more information.

Why give people information they can use to do bad things? How does it benefit ANYONE to talk about how easily a terrorist can attack the metro system? Does that information benefit us? It only HELPS those with bad intentions.

This should be obvious to anyone with common sense.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:58 PM

15,430 posts, read 25,804,859 times
The info does benefit us. Knowing the ways that thieves can steal my car is helpful in finding ways to prevent it.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
What people are doing is discussing different weaknesses that might give someone an idea they didn't have before.

For instance.. I might be a car thief with every intention of stealing cars. Then I might go online to a forum like this were morons talk about the easiest way to steal a car or the best cars to steal. Now I have even more information.

Why give people information they can use to do bad things? How does it benefit ANYONE to talk about how easily a terrorist can attack the metro system? Does that information benefit us? It only HELPS those with bad intentions.

This should be obvious to anyone with common sense.
Do you believe in freedom of speech or not? We aren't discussing top secret information here.

People who take the Metro need to be aware that there are huge risks. Everyone who takes Metro already knows how incompetent WMATA is, so maybe by having a discussion about it we can increase the likelihood that WMATA will actually increase their security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC