Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2016, 03:16 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times

Advertisements

I will be attending the March on Washington on January 21st...but have been delayed looking for a place to stay due to illness. I dont know the area well so looking online at hotels, Air bnb etc...is confusing.

I realize its mostly booked already but Im open to using a train if having to go a little further out.

Criteria:
Clean, safe, non smoking, train that can take me to and from near state Capitol and Dulles airport.
I need two beds because I'm meeting someone there. I'm also disabled and why I'm going as part of a group marching for health care, disabilities etc...so on a limited budget. Can't afford hotels I'm seeing for $600+ for 2 nights. Plus meals, airfare, trains and any other expenses.

I looked on Expedia, Tripadvisor, Air bnb etc...but not knowing the area, it's hard to figure out if safe and trains.

If someone can suggest a place (or a few) that fits criteria, I greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 05:03 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,608,853 times
this is out in the Va. suburbs, but if you're flying in to Dulles, it may work for you: The Top Hotel Near the Reston Metro. Reston FAQ.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
this is out in the Va. suburbs, but if you're flying in to Dulles, it may work for you: The Top Hotel Near the Reston Metro. Reston FAQ.
Thanks but all hotels there are booked.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:58 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,529,959 times
You waited way too long to try to find something. Dulles doesn't have Metro, it will be the last stop on the Silver line here - https://www.wmata.com/schedules/maps...silverline.pdf

Your best bet is to try to find places in that area off the Silver or Orange lines, but expect sky high pricing at this point.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:49 AM

1,751 posts, read 2,405,078 times
I can recommend the Comfort Inn in Alexandria VA. Their prices have jumped like everyone else but you can still get a room for well under $300 per night, tax included. I have stayed there many times. They have a shuttle van that will pick you up and drop you off upon request at Van Dorn Metro Station (blue line and sometimes yellow). The metro train will take you downtown.

The hotel is rather basic, but breakfast and free wifi are included and the front desk staff are very pleasant and helpful.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
You waited way too long to try to find something. Dulles doesn't have Metro, it will be the last stop on the Silver line here - https://www.wmata.com/schedules/maps...silverline.pdf

Your best bet is to try to find places in that area off the Silver or Orange lines, but expect sky high pricing at this point.
Yes, thanks. I realize that but I am very sick and disabled so not easy to do things including searching and planning. I may even end up paying and not able to make it but want to go and not giving up on trying at least. Appreciate that info...I was wondering about schedules so this probably will help. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
I can recommend the Comfort Inn in Alexandria VA. Their prices have jumped like everyone else but you can still get a room for well under $300 per night, tax included. I have stayed there many times. They have a shuttle van that will pick you up and drop you off upon request at Van Dorn Metro Station (blue line and sometimes yellow). The metro train will take you downtown.

The hotel is rather basic, but breakfast and free wifi are included and the front desk staff are very pleasant and helpful.
Thank you. I will look into that right now. I just need clean, safe, non smoking for 2 nights so no frills is ok. Appreciate the help.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersatz View Post

Darn, it's sold out. Thanks anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: