Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2007, 11:10 PM

1 posts, read 14,345 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am new to this. I am trying to get information on Fort Lewis. Is there anyone that can tell me what are the good areas to live. I am a single parent with a 8 yearld. I am actually trying to find a place near by the base and where there is stores near by. Whats out there for family things to do. Also where are the good schools. Also im trying to find day cares / boysNgirls club. I would apreciate any information that anyone can give. At this time my im not in the states but im hoping to get back soon. Anyways for the mean time where are the hotels near by post or rental by week/month.

Sicerely
Ana E. Estrada

Last edited by scirocco22; 09-15-2007 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: created new thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 01:21 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Dupont
Stelacoom
Puyallup

Old 09-18-2007, 09:53 AM

1,024 posts, read 4,137,763 times
Ana,
If you want to live near Ft. Lewis, Dupont is ideal. It's located across the interstate from main post and many military families choose to live there. Further south of Ft. Lewis is the city of Lacey. It offers all the amenities and boasts lots of parks and recreational opportunities. Housing prices in Lacey are generally lower than housing prices north and east of Ft. Lewis, yet it's only a 15 minute commute to post.
The closest hotels to Ft. Lewis are the Guesthouse Inn and the Liberty Inn in Dupont. They both have a pool and offer military discounts and TDY rates.
Good luck with your move.

Sandy

Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 PM

3 posts, read 27,028 times
I agree with Sandy. All my research shows that Lacey is ideal really. COL there is pretty darn good, housing is fantastic--at least compared to where we're living now , schools are decent too.
Small town life is ideal for us, we look forward to PCS'ing there this fall.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 9,035 times
you could try and look into Tacoma,Tillicum,Lakewood in tillicum there is a kindergarden my little sisters and brother when too and living right there next to Ft.lewis is always good because of the military children that go to the schools theres never really fighting in the schools

Old 01-31-2012, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 7,599 times
Hey I am about to leave the area I was working on ft lewis and I am about to go up north. I am a single mom of a 10 year old. We had a nice set up, we lived in University Place and my daughter went to Fircrest elementary it's a really nice area I had day care right up the road from her school reasonably priced too. I don't know how to get a hold of you but I want to recomend the landlords to you they are supper nice and I recommend the area for a single mom. Very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington