Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 10:01 AM

439 posts, read 423,162 times

Advertisements

And now another step further in ensuring the health and safety of Washingtonians!

"The Washington Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) filed an Emergency Rulemaking package last week with the Office of the Code Reviser (OCR). This package, which is an update and expansion of some earlier L&I rules, sets up an enforcement mechanism for the current Governor to extend his COVID vaccine mandate to all private employers in Washington."

https://www.ifiberone.com/news/reps-...948f19b08.html

So- in order to work in WA as an employee you must get a shot or two, then a booster shot every 6 or so weeks, and remember to always wear a mask everywhere you go? Sounds totally reasonable.

And with L&I enforcing the mandates, you can expand the compliance to tie into business licensing and get those pesky independent self-employed people on board too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 10:39 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,665,433 times
I was listening to conversation at a mask-free, vaccine mandate-free establishment last week. Some type of grassroots organizing (I wish I had had the courage to interrupt and ask). The individual talking knew in impressive, legal-type-terminology detail how Inslee is systematically working from group to group having first started with health care then state and whatever. They were specifically talking about small business owners. From what I gathered they have the best shot at a legal fight than any other group.

Old 10-27-2021, 11:22 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,731,049 times
Welcome to Washington State.
More taxes and less freedoms every day!

Old 10-27-2021, 05:20 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,940,207 times
Completely agree, never did I see the day where our heroes during the early stages of covid with no vaccines are thrown away like the trash unless you obey Inslee now. These health care workers and cops deserve out gratitude. It's not like they had a choice of staying at home like thousands of tech workers who are still able to hide. They did their jobs with bravery.

Old 10-28-2021, 06:58 AM

Many, many people kept working through all of it. My entire office did. The entire office got covid in March 2021 from our 19 year old intern/admin to our 82 year old senior partner. We are all fine. Only two stayed home (not the 82 year old, not me, and not the 65 year old staff accountant or 19 year old lol), we just closed the office to the public and kept working. By far not the worst flu bug I have ever had.

Old 10-28-2021, 09:36 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,072,220 times
It went through my work when it first came out.
We all got it and while it wasn’t fun it wasn’t the worst illness I’ve ever had.
The flu hurts far worse.
This was more like a cold that effects your respiratory system.

I know lots of people that have had this virus.

If you had to work near people you have been exposed.

Old 10-28-2021, 10:20 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,072,220 times
It used to be rare and unusual to get it or know someone that had it.
Now it seems run of the mill where an eyebrow is only slightly raised usually when someone tests positive after being vaccinated then the eyebrow is lowered when the person informs you they are just fine.
It now seems that we all know people that have had it.

Just for a totally non scientific study,
Do any of you know a non vaccinated person who hasn’t been sick yet?
I don’t.

Where are they hiding all these people?
Let’s keep them there .

Everyone I know has been vaccinated or has been sick but most (like me)have been sick then vaccinated.

I must have missed the memo somewhere along the line.

Old 10-28-2021, 11:54 AM

14,458 posts, read 12,090,641 times
I don't claim to know who has or has not been vaccinated. I don't keep track. For a long time, you're right, I didn't know anyone who had had it. Now I know several. Some who have said they're vaxxed, some who say they're unvaxxed.

I think the messaging, and now the mandating, has been completely off-target for how the vaccinations have proven to actually work in the wild. The vaccines should not be promoted to protect others, that's not how they work. There certainly is no need to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated, or vice-versa. Getting vaccinated doesn't protect our grandmas, we need to stop saying that too, because it doesn't. Getting vaccinated keeps the vaccinated person from getting really sick. That's all it does, and that alone is a good reason to get it, but we need to stop thinking it will keep us from getting it or passing it, or worrying about whether everyone we see is vaccinated. It doesn't matter. We will probably all get it eventually, but the vaccine will keep us from getting sicker when we do. That's what I've learned from watching all this play out.

Old 10-28-2021, 12:37 PM

I am unconvinced as to the vaccine working. I see a lot of vaccinated people hospitalized in my area as opposed to those of us who just got it and have been fine.

Lots of vaccinated deaths too- Colin Powell for recent example we all may know.

Further, now they have proof of animals getting covid 19. Are we vaxxing all the animals in the wild too? Deer for pete's sake? When will Inslee mandate cats to wear masks?

Old 10-28-2021, 12:46 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,671,074 times
The vaccination reduces the chances of getting a full blown infection, and reduces the duration of infections - both of which reduce the chances of infecting someone else. People don't care about others as much as they say they do though.

I think that the problem now is that most of the people in the state who have decided to not get the vaccine are not going to be convinced by facts or science, it's a purely ideological decision that they will not change unless under extreme duress, like losing their livelihood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington