Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 12:11 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,590,488 times

Advertisements

I actually think Denver has all that I want. Mexico City had good temps year round like San Francisco, but I like variety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 01:05 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,731,932 times
Since we are talking "cities" I will limit my choices to places > 1/2 million people.
Cape Town in South Africa is my pick for temperate, Mediterranean climates.
On the score of temperate, Maritime climates, then my own city is actually pretty good - especially back a bit from the coast.
This is actually my nearest (now discontinued) weather station:

Climate statistics for Australian locations

Old 06-19-2011, 09:08 AM

776 posts, read 1,673,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Anywhere on the Croatian coast, Dubrovnik, or Split etc. Any city/town on the coast from northern NSW (Australia) south to about Lakes Entrance in Victoria. Tauranga, Gisborne, or Nelson, NZ
Southern Adriatic coast always seems under the radar but does get quite hot in summer there. But most any place where you don't need central A/C, palm trees grow and doesn't have a long grey gloomy part of the year would make my cut.. Santa Monica/Santa Barbara type weather about the most ideal to me..

Old 06-19-2011, 10:15 AM

678 posts, read 1,205,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j96g View Post
I actually think Denver has all that I want. Mexico City had good temps year round like San Francisco, but I like variety.
What a variety! During feb. blizzard Denver got under -26F and now it's almost 90F

Old 06-19-2011, 12:48 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVosilla View Post
Southern Adriatic coast always seems under the radar but does get quite hot in summer there. But most any place where you don't need central A/C, palm trees grow and doesn't have a long grey gloomy part of the year would make my cut.. Santa Monica/Santa Barbara type weather about the most ideal to me..
No A/C, palm trees, and no long gloomy periods sum up my requirements well, although I do like a little winter chilling as well. Southern California seems ideal from a temperature perspective, but has a too long a dry period. The Adriatic coast does seem to get more rain during summer ( I would prefer more though). Warm summer rain is the best. I like it when everything is growing flat out.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:53 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek40 View Post
Since we are talking "cities" I will limit my choices to places > 1/2 million people.
Cape Town in South Africa is my pick for temperate, Mediterranean climates.
On the score of temperate, Maritime climates, then my own city is actually pretty good - especially back a bit from the coast.
This is actually my nearest (now discontinued) weather station:

Climate statistics for Australian locations
Would you regard Newcastle as a temperate, maritime climate, rather than sub tropical? I know this is old ground, but am interested in how you see it.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:36 PM

5,586 posts, read 10,656,199 times
Ljubljana perhaps, snowy, foggy winters around 0C, sunny summers around 25-27C, only occasional extreme temperatures and plenty of thunderstorms.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:37 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,590,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
What a variety! During feb. blizzard Denver got under -26F and now it's almost 90F
Oh yeah, but this year Denver's lowest is actually -17°F, but where I live it's been -16°F. We are usually about 5 degrees cooler than Denver and I actually use (KAPA) as opposed to KDEN. And we have yet to officially hit 90°F! I like Denver because summers are warm and comfortable with some hot days, fall is cool and crisp with some light snow, winter is cold and dry with some nice days (mostly sunny!), and spring is wet and cool with some of the heaviest, wet snow that quickly melts.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:20 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
My life is an incessant search for the perfect weather, but havent yet found it .

keep searching weather locations in internet, but theres still nothing that is worth an A for me, maybe im just an nonconformist (or a whiny ***) or maybe i need to search better.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:03 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,418,823 times
I was thinking about what weather occurances from my history were the most enjoyable to be able to answer this question.

Typically, these are days when it is very warm, sunny and clear AM and early PM. It becomes very very humid in the afternoon with towering cumulus & cumulonimbus clouds growing in all directions. Thunderstorms and heavy downpours in the late afternoon/early evening.

Living in SE UK we used to get a few days like this a year, when it would reach 90°F or so and be followed by such storms. In recent (poor) summers there have not been many days like this. So, the city in the world with my most ideal conditions would be somewhere that can get this weather at least a good 6-8 months of the year. 70 degree lows, 90 degree highs and plenty of T-storms. Miami, FL would probably be most suitable for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather