Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 04:09 AM

130 posts, read 125,128 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I just went to ROME (Italy), last july in the begining of augusty. The weaher was NOT AT ALL HOT!!!
ANY NOT SO MUCH WIND, either! just some very very lite blow SOMETIMES!!!
But under the 3 days I was there , it rained atleast 2 days!!!
If I now compare with Stockholms weather in july/augusty I would say the SAME WEATHER AS ROME!!!
BUT in stockholm you will get tousched by the WIND often than ROME!!!
And when I observed the ROME´s SUN, it was NOT AT ALL the same intensive as STOCKHOLMS (come to sweden/stockholm and see how much the SUN is intensive and can make you brown/black in some minutes)!!!
and a factor is maybe the air in sweden is MUCH MUCH clearner than ROME`s.

Your turn!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 04:26 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,294,969 times
I went to the south of France once and it snowed for 3 days.

Therefore, the climate there is the same as Warsaw.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:27 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,819,236 times
Lol, the Sun is more intense in Stockholm than Rome? Brown in minutes in Stockholm? As in Sweden?

Hahaha! Good effort!

I've been to Southern Spain in winter, and it was definitely colder than York is in July.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Lol, the Sun is more intense in Stockholm than Rome? Brown in minutes in Stockholm? As in Sweden?

Hahaha! Good effort!
I PROMISE YOU!!
come to SWEDEN/STOCKHOLM IN JUNE,JULY AND AUGUSTY. AND GET OUTSIDE when the weather is CLEAR(SUUNY) you will understand me!!!
yes, you will get brown/black in some few hour!! I EXAGREETED the minutes

but come to stockholm and see self!!!

Old 04-15-2015, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post

Hahaha! Good effort!

I've been to Southern Spain in winter, and it was definitely colder than York is in July.
hallo man!!! the southern spain is like southern italy!!!
you should visit MADRID or VALENCIA and then compare with YORK

Old 04-15-2015, 04:43 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,505,283 times
Hi athen,

why do you always capitalize random words and use superfluous exclamation marks? It's annoying.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orai View Post
Hi athen,

why do you always capitalize random words and use superfluous exclamation marks? It's annoying.
ok from now i will stopp it mate!!!

Old 04-15-2015, 05:18 AM

2,257 posts, read 1,991,851 times
My city Serres is colder and snowier than Rome in winter and hotter in summer. Rome is wetter than Serres totally.
The city that I study there "Ioannina" is also colder than Rome in winter and about the same in summer. Ioannina is wetter.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:48 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,963,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orai View Post
Hi athen,

You can obviously tell that English isn't his first language. Let's cut him some slack?

Old 04-15-2015, 07:02 AM

1,011 posts, read 716,068 times
Went to Rome a few times. Summers are "real" summers as I call them, with average highs around 30 degrees and usually sunny every day. In comparison, Buxton, and for that matter most of England really has no summer. A few days over 24 degrees is like a joke in comparison, I remember coming back from 32 degree Rome in summer of 2007 to 14 degrees, rain and gales back in Southern England at 4PM. Even an average summer day in Southern England is about 10 degrees colder than Rome's July temperatures. Rome is pretty close to my ideal climate, just needs a bit milder weather in winter, but I would still find it acceptable, and much better than NYC with its cold winters and uber humid heat unlike Rome's drier heat. England's summer looks like a joke compared with anything like Romes, obviously, so it's no comparison. In summer one can reliably do anything outdoors with such temperatures, outdoor events can be planned in advance, and there's at least three months of guaranteed proper summer conditions. Also Rome never gets really hot, not as if it goes over 40 degrees much but there are never really cool summer days either (highs below 25) except maybe early June. Overall it's about the best climate for its latitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather