Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which climate would you rather live in?
Sacramento, California 31 70.45%
Austin, Texas 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 03:11 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,821,905 times

Advertisements

Austin. More humid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 01:16 PM

735 posts, read 655,056 times
No contest... Sacremento of course!

Old 07-24-2013, 09:38 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,268,607 times
"Sacramento has been noted as being the sunniest location on the planet for four months of the year, from June through September. It holds the distinction as the sunniest month, in terms of percent possible sunshine, of anywhere in the world; July in Sacramento averages 14 hours and 12 minutes of sunshine per day, amounting to approximately 98% of possible sunshine."
I didnt know that! maybe i should have voted for Sacramento after all

Old 07-24-2013, 09:58 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Sacramento by far. Austin is horrid.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:36 AM

287 posts, read 448,783 times
It's a difficult choice, because both climates are really distant from my ideal climate. With a gun pointed to my head I'd probably choose Sacramento, because it's less hot year-round.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:00 AM

2,043 posts, read 3,889,303 times
Sacramento is far more comfortable but Austin is more "interesting" with far more standard deviations in winter temperature allowing occasional snow (Austin gets snow once every 2-3 years while Sacramento only gets snow once in a lifetime despite a colder average winter temperature than Austin). Austin also has beautiful thunderstorms in summer and Sacramento usually gets zero rain in summer. I'm gonna vote for Austin just for the interest factor.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 864 times
I don't think that's true. All though we have a colder record low, that doesn't affect the over all climate. Austin has palm trees, if you know where to look. I think the climate is warm enough to where you can grow many palm trees. We rarelyget snow here if ever. Btw, Sacramento is at 35 today while Austin is at 42.

Here's a list of places I've seen with Palm Trees:

.Carlos and Charlies (California Fan Palms and Mexican Fan Palms
.Davenport Village (Mexican fan Palms)
.Every Taco Cabana (Different Types)
.A few in my neighborhood in ROUND ROCK (Sago and Texas Sabal)
.Hula Hut (Tall Mexican Fan Palms)
.Every Chuy's (Mostly Texas Sabal Palms)
.Waterloo Records
.Bella Montagna
.Everywhere on Lake Travis
.Mansions down by Lake Austin
.Barton Springs
.Austin Botanical Gardens
.Villa Montagna
.Did I mention Oasis
.Krause Springs( small palms)
.The Domain (Neiman and Marcus)
.GSD&M
.Laguna Gloria
.And Just about every neighborhood and every other place

Old 12-05-2013, 01:52 PM

2,617 posts, read 3,456,184 times
Tough choice. I dislike rainless summers, I also like that Austin has more chance of snow, but having comfortable summers is more important for me, so I pick Sacramento where summers are less uncomfortable due to lower humidity and much cooler nights.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:52 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,746,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeksil View Post
Sacramento pretty easily for me.

Summers, while still hot, aren't quite as hot and don't last quite so long. Summer nights are also much cooler in Sacramento, making the daytime highs more bearable.

Also, less rain and rainy days. And a better precipitation pattern.
Sacramento has a not good precipitation pattern, Austin has obviously better precipitation pattern, Sacramento need warm/hot rain in the summer, i hate the precipitation pattern of Sacramento (No short warm/hot rain in the summer make really sucks summers).
I vote Austin for more real summer, more variety, harder heat, short warm/hot rain...
Sacramento has a very boring climate.
I hate hot and dry summer (Sacramento), i hate cool, gloomy and rainy summer (London, Paris...) but i love very hot and humid summer with short warm/hot rain !

Last edited by Hartfordd; 12-05-2013 at 04:52 PM..

Old 12-05-2013, 04:05 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,746,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Sacramento, less prone to cold.

Sunnier by far.
Hello Jets, why do you focus on the Sun, it does not compare Sacramento with London !
Austin has a very good sunshine and very good variety !
Sacramento is very sunny but also very boring !

Last edited by Hartfordd; 12-05-2013 at 04:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather