Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 06:03 AM

27 posts, read 28,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
What places with a well-liked temperate climate that are just not your cuppa tea and rather dislike? (DON'T choose the majorly disliked ones like Mecca, Dallol, Ulaan Baatar, Singapore, Yakutsk - not many people like those obviously)...

For me, where do I start....eastern/northern Europe (England, Germany, Sweden, Hungary), Canada, New Zealand and midwest/eastern USA (namely Chicago and New York). Many people dig those (at least those here) for their 'four distinct seasons', but I can't imagine living there.

So, climates nearly everyone may enjoy but you just don't? Give me some shockers!
San Diego, LA, any place in Florida.

I'd much rather live in Chicago or Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 09:41 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,984 times
I don't like cold weather or rain at all. I lived in Southern California and the weather is what I miss the most about it. Some people say it's "boring" there with no change in season, but I'm not buying that argument. In the south it'll get hot and humid and all that, with some severe storms but I'd take that over the cold and snowy winters any time. I've had to scrape off frost on my windshield the last few days when I leave for work in the morning and it's a total annoyance haha. We also had snow and ice last week and the city came to a standstill. Just terrible, pointless weather.

I always say if you can't drive with your windows down at any given point, that's not good weather.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:44 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,578,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I don't like cold weather or rain at all. I lived in Southern California and the weather is what I miss the most about it. Some people say it's "boring" there with no change in season, but I'm not buying that argument
It's true though. That's why people like the weather in Southern California - it's reliable, predictable and conductive to year-round outdoor activities. Practical of course, but not exciting.

In the words of British poet William Cowper, "Variety is the very spice of life."

Old 12-18-2013, 10:11 AM

993 posts, read 1,560,645 times
Here in the US, I'd say southern California and Miami. I like experiencing the textbook seasons, variance, overcast, and occasional storms that bring a lot of precipitation, so Southern California is out. And I can't stand high humidity, which is an issue in a lot of places around the US but I remember it being particularly awful when I spent time in Miami.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:39 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Oh, and before I forget. My most hated climate rating goes to (Drums sounding):

Tuscon, AZ for LETHAL Heat. Dry heat is overrated .

I would much rather deal with humid heat if it means lower temperatures and rain.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:47 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,451,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Dry heat is overrated .

I would much rather deal with humid heat if it means lower temperatures and rain.
Yep, rain makes all the difference.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:08 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
Southern California, because it's too dry and too cold. When I first moved here from Colorado, I thought of it as "the tropics" even though it clearly isn't

Are you kidding ? when I discovered SoCal at 15 coming from France, I believed I had landed in Africa!
and the ocean water ! so much warmer than in France! no comparison!

Old 12-19-2013, 07:15 AM

166 posts, read 228,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Oh, and before I forget. My most hated climate rating goes to (Drums sounding):

Tuscon, AZ for LETHAL Heat. Dry heat is overrated .

No it isn't. Yesterday was a humid 29C with dewpoints up to 20C , and today hit 40C but dewpoints were far lower, down to about 2C. I was sweating far less today than yesterday.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:26 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Overcast Cold View Post
No it isn't. Yesterday was a humid 29C with dewpoints up to 20C , and today hit 40C but dewpoints were far lower, down to about 2C. I was sweating far less today than yesterday.
I don't see you on the happy thread for warm summer weather you were longing for .

Old 12-19-2013, 07:41 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,593,888 times
Any cold winter climates that have been misclassified as Cfa, or any climate beginning with 'D' in the Koppen classification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather