Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 10:53 AM

434 posts, read 1,041,481 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or has this year and the last quarter of 2015 been all over the place? Like a bit off...weird? In my location autumn was above average...all the eastern US was right? Jan and Feb was back to average in Atlanta. March was above average but after a warm stretch it got a bit cooler and it went into April. Though April averaged out to 74/51 which is above average on the high temp side by 2 degrees, it actually felt slightly cooler than average. May is usually the start of summer for Atlanta...it felt summery the last couple days but another cold front hit us so we are going to cool a bit...which usually happens every May. It feels different this year because it just cooled a good bit in the very beginning of May already. Think it was Weds or Thurs of last week. It was the coolest May day I felt here in Atlanta that I can remember. Even snowed in the mountains of NC.

I almost forgot its an el nino year that could be it. In Atlanta's case I think it's the warm then cool back down just been a bit stronger this season. I want to say the weather has been "off"(whether it be warmer than average, less snow, cooler than average spring days, etc) from the US to Europe and Asia though. Its not just me is it...how your location been from autumn 15 to now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 11:09 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,682,713 times
What's exactly "weird"? The weather is not the same every year (except in Tropical and Mediterranean climates, of course). It would be "weird" if it was EXACTLY average. Ever year is different.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:09 PM

434 posts, read 1,041,481 times
Yeah I know but it still feels a good bit different from most years to me. It's probably because Nov was above average. And December was crazy above average... like by 20 degrees, that never happens here! Then winter was average...not March though. Above average. Then a pattern just been repeating it self from March, warm to very warm and then cool back down. Which is normal for Atlanta. But the cold air intrusions just seem a bit different this year...and out of place, if that makes sense. To me it feels like an odd year weatherwise, all starting from autumn 15.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:14 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
It's because of the El Nino. We were stuck in a below average pattern since the end of 2013 here but in the second half of 2015 everything changed when the El Nino happened. We were above average from August to March, including some very historical months there. Now that the El Nino is gone, we're back to the below average pattern that we had from the end of 2013 to the middle of 2015
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather