Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 09:22 AM

83,527 posts, read 75,333,969 times

Advertisements

Where's the Fall or winter photo thread? lol.

Almost lunch time and struggling past 40s?? Had to be done... I never ever started a fire for heat in June. Feels very weird!

Normal is 70s today and its the second day staying in the 40s/50s during the day.

With no sun the house isn't going to warm up on its own and it already dipped below 60F so here we go. A fire for heat in June.

Heat on inside and outside looks tropical with the drizzle, wet landscape, and greenage. June 2nd.

I took this shot this morning as I went for a jog in the woods.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 03:08 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,009 times
^^ Nice Sure wish some of that would filter down this way.

Anyhow, more Paris pics.

I thought this was really cool - emulating the tricolor French flag.

The mighty Eiffel Tower.

Pic doesn't do justice to the scale of this place.

A brief stop on the 2nd level while waiting to go to the top.

Unlike American cities, which have urban forest sprinkled throughout, Paris clumps theirs together in massive parks and reserves.

Not a lot of room at the top. Funny how everyone was bundled against the "cold"...lol.

Yup, that's me...lol.

Looking down from the first level, which has the most space.

Notre Dame.

I just lurve these things.

I wonder why those people were in that tower.

Metro stop closest to where we stayed.

View from the apartment on the 6th floor.

More pics to come later - promise.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:19 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times
Nice pictures

I think you were staying very close to where my sister lives - she lives near Trinit̩ Рd'Estienne d'Orves which is on line 12 near Saint-Lazare. Very nice area.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:43 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
^^ Nice Sure wish some of that would filter down this way.

Anyhow, more Paris pics.
Yup, that's me...lol.
Looks like a nice day from the sky. Did the air smell clean? I imagine it can be rather polluted, but the sky looks clean. Rather geometric, the way the wide boulevards radiate at regular angles.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:44 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Heat on inside and outside looks tropical with the drizzle, wet landscape, and greenage. June 2nd.

I took this shot this morning as I went for a jog in the woods.
Looks so lush. Don't mind those temperatures and drizzle, March would be so much nicer if it looked like that.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:53 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Looks like a nice day from the sky. Did the air smell clean? I imagine it can be rather polluted, but the sky looks clean. Rather geometric, the way the wide boulevards radiate at regular angles.
Yes, the air was amazingly fresh the whole time we were there. Having the windows open in the apartment felt so good whenever we were there.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:29 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Looks so lush. Don't mind those temperatures and drizzle, March would be so much nicer if it looked like that.
Definitly lush but In March? No way. That would be way too short of a cold season. I like March to look like this. Although this was February. Needs more snow on trees.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:59 PM

680 posts, read 649,356 times
Warm and dry:

They look better on my phone...

Old 06-03-2015, 04:23 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,685,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan16 View Post
Warm and dry:

They look better on my phone...
They look pretty on here aswell

Where exactly are these photos from ?

Old 06-03-2015, 04:49 AM

680 posts, read 649,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guajara View Post
They look pretty on here aswell

Where exactly are these photos from ?
The first one is Red Rock right outside Las Vegas, and the second is from a hike down a washout that empties out at the Colorado River(western Arizona).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather