Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you desire a place with or without snow?
With snow 105 56.76%
Without snow 80 43.24%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 03:29 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbern100 View Post
No need to be nasty, it says miami is your location? lol I will give you this, snow can be very beautiful at times, I just dont enjoy working in it year in and year out. no gardening. no fun for me at least, a nice lodge and fire and I wouldn't mind so much
I'm not sure what my location has to do with anything, I've experienced snow many times before. Granted, I've never lived in a place with tons of snow (though I lived in a place with occasional snow, and it wasn't nearly enough for me). I would love to one day though, and no amount of "convincing" from you or other snow-haters will tell me otherwise...

And the keyword was said in your last sentence. Not fun for YOU. For other people it can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 04:42 PM

607 posts, read 602,144 times
I'm a native Californian, and grew up in Napa, CA where snow isn't any type of weather we deal with. My dad lived in the mountains, so I'd visit him in the winter and experience snow, but it was only occasionally, and, being a kid, I never had to drive in it. I liked it as a kid because it was something different/new/exciting.

Some of my family moved to Colorado 10 years ago, and I've visited during that time, and have experienced snow on visits. I get cold REALLY easily and don't tolerate it well...and I'm terrified to drive in it. Now I, too, am living in Colorado - I moved here last December, to live for a year, while I save up money to move to the East coast...so I had my first real winter this past year, with snow and all. It was okay at first, but by the end of April, when it was snowing and hailing, I was SO OVER IT. lol.
I'm saving up money to move to NY in April, and I know that the winters there are brutal--even more so than Colorado--but at least I won't have to drive in it (WHICH I HATE), and I really feel that living in NY, which is one of my lifelong dreams, will be worth going through the winters there. I can't stand Colorado, so being here, and the winters, are just 2 big negatives.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:35 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,459,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanychantel View Post
I'm a native Californian, and grew up in Napa, CA where snow isn't any type of weather we deal with. My dad lived in the mountains, so I'd visit him in the winter and experience snow, but it was only occasionally, and, being a kid, I never had to drive in it. I liked it as a kid because it was something different/new/exciting.

Some of my family moved to Colorado 10 years ago, and I've visited during that time, and have experienced snow on visits. I get cold REALLY easily and don't tolerate it well...and I'm terrified to drive in it. Now I, too, am living in Colorado - I moved here last December, to live for a year, while I save up money to move to the East coast...so I had my first real winter this past year, with snow and all. It was okay at first, but by the end of April, when it was snowing and hailing, I was SO OVER IT. lol.
I'm saving up money to move to NY in April, and I know that the winters there are brutal--even more so than Colorado--but at least I won't have to drive in it (WHICH I HATE), and I really feel that living in NY, which is one of my lifelong dreams, will be worth going through the winters there. I can't stand Colorado, so being here, and the winters, are just 2 big negatives.

Are you moving upstate? Because then you're in for it. Not that that's a bad thing

But if you're just moving to a place within the NYC metro area, then I don't wanna burst your bubble but, it really doesn't get that much snow. Only ~ 20 inches in a typical year. Which is only half as much as most of the places within the Denver metro area and its nearby cities.

Last edited by Shalop; 07-15-2015 at 07:45 PM..

Old 07-15-2015, 08:39 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
I live in South Florida and wouldn't live anywhere else on the planet!!

How much do I love it? I got most of my friends and their families to move here also!!

Old 07-15-2015, 08:57 PM

607 posts, read 602,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Are you moving upstate? Because then you're in for it. Not that that's a bad thing

But if you're just moving to a place within the NYC metro area, then I don't wanna burst your bubble but, it really doesn't get that much snow. Only ~ 20 inches in a typical year. Which is only half as much as most of the places within the Denver metro area and its nearby cities.
Oh no, not upstate--to the NYC area. That's good to know, actually--I don't WANT a lot of snow, haha. So yay, thanks for the good news!

Old 07-15-2015, 09:05 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,176,477 times
Snow is for visiting in the mountains once each winter. No thanks to living in it!

Old 07-15-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanychantel View Post
Oh no, not upstate--to the NYC area. That's good to know, actually--I don't WANT a lot of snow, haha. So yay, thanks for the good news!
Yeah, NYC ain't Antarctica. Snow doesn't usually last for more than a couple of weeks there.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:40 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,551,284 times
snow..snow....snow and more snow

Old 07-16-2015, 11:49 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Same old story. "Have to shovel everyday", well does it snow every day? No. "Can't drive in snow", well buy winter tyres and learn to drive.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Same old story. "Have to shovel everyday", well does it snow every day? No. "Can't drive in snow", well buy winter tyres and learn to drive.
Yeah people act like they get a foot of snow every single day in winter you saw my stats to disprove that Michigan has snow pack from November to April lol. These people must think they live north of Winnipeg or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather