Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 03:18 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,963,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Yup, true enough. Europe is 3.9 million sq mi vs 3.8 million sq mi USA. Euopre has 742 million people vs 310 million for US. He must not have liked geography very much.
Let's not also forget that about 0.6 million square miles of the US is just Alaska with less than a million people

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Pizza Hut is by far the best chain pizza IMO.
Pizza Hut became really good when they introduced their hand tossed pizza. Sbarro's still has the best chain pizza, IMO, more New York flavor and texture into it

Old 08-04-2015, 03:19 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,447,210 times
Quote:
For the pizza itself from national chains, I'm partial to Papa John's.

Delaware has a chain called Grotto's that's good. In the Northeast, we have a chain restaurant called Bertucci's that sells authentic brick-oven pizza, which is really good.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:20 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,824,326 times
Quote:
Pizza Express is better IMO. I'm not a chain lover at all though. I'm not really aware of many pizza chains.

Me and my wife go out for a meal once every couple of weeks, and since moving back to York over a year ago, we haven't been to the same place twice.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:20 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,949,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Do Americans get financial help for college? When I was studying, I received money from the government to help with education costs, but I came from a poor family.

Are you kidding. In the land of hyper capitalism, not much. Many young Americans come out of college with the equivalent of a home mortgage. Many default on their loans. The US has a disguting form of unfettered capitalism. Poor people are considered failures by many of these right wing Christian crack pots. Not only that, but a very very right wing major political party controls Congress. Europe has nothing at all like the Republican Party. The closest would be some kind of fringe facist party.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:23 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,614,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Pizza Express is better IMO. I'm not a chain lover at all though. I'm not really aware of many pizza chains.

Me and my wife go out for a meal once every couple of weeks, and since moving back to York over a year ago, we haven't been to the same place twice.
Yeah, I can't imagine there being many restaurants to choose from in Yeovil.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:23 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,819,022 times
Quote:
There really aren't any cities worth visiting here when compared to Europe. I don't get the whole fascination with NYC tbh. Crowded and kind of dirty. London makes NYC look like crap. When you throw in Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Prague, Rome, etc. etc. C'mon there is no comparison.

I could only see a European visiting the US for some national park out west. Even then, many other parts of the world have stunning natural places to see. If I was born and bred in Europe, the US would probably be pretty low on my list.
I think New York City must be visited at least onc in everyone's lifetime, there's a great blend of newer architecture (modernism, art deco, postmodernism) and older neoclassical architecture. It's also melting pot ever since it was settled and while i don't agree with the ghettoization that happened in most American cities during most of the XX century it's lovely to visit some of the ethnic neighbourhoods, especially the ones in the outer boroughs

I agree that the National Parks in the West of the Country are probably the most interesting places in the USA, if i will ever have the money, i would love ot make a road trip through the West of the USA and visit all the National Parks

Old 08-04-2015, 03:25 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,282,733 times
Luckily there's a bookstore near my university that rents college textbooks for much cheaper prices than the UCF bookstore. Unfortunately they don't have the most expensive ones in stock, so I'll still have to hand over $250 to the ripoff college one.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:26 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,949,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
For the pizza itself from national chains, I'm partial to Papa John's.

Delaware has a chain called Grotto's that's good. In the Northeast, we have a chain restaurant called Bertucci's that sells authentic brick-oven pizza, which is really good.

You frequent Rehoboth Beach huh.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:29 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,819,022 times
Quote:
Are you kidding. In the land of hyper capitalism, not much. Many young Americans come out of college with the equivalent of a home mortgage. Many default on their loans. The US has a disguting form of unfettered capitalism. Poor people are considered failures by many of these right wing Christian crack pots. Not only that, but a very very right wing major political party controls Congress. Europe has nothing at all like the Republican Party. The closest would be some kind of fringe facist party.
At the last United States election, they did a poll asking Italians if they would vote for Romney or Obama, the latter has won with the 94% and it wouldn't surprise if the rest who preferred Romney just were the kind of people who would never vote for a black.

Also all major parties including the right wing ones supported Obama. American and European politics are worlds apart, sometimes i really ask myself why Americans somehow keep voting for the Republican party.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:30 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,447,210 times
Quote:
Fascism has nothing to do with laissez-faire capitalism. In fact, they are mutually exclusive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather