Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 12:51 AM

159 posts, read 204,479 times

Advertisements

What tool have you found to research the historical weather for different cities in the US - specifically allowing cross reference between dew point and temperature? Ideally showing this information on a graph for a selected date range. More ideally, also allowing additional data such as precipitation to be included on the graph. Non-ideally, raw numbers are really just as well so long as they can be viewed for a range of dates.

I was using the weatherspark dashboard - which was absolutely wonderful for this, but it appears to have recently folded. I'm now at a loss for how to do this. What I'm trying to do is compare weather for various places by finding the highest dewpoint for the last couple years, then looking at what the temperature reached that day as well. And perhaps repeating the process for the number of days over x dewpoint and/or temperature, etc. The end goal is to have a realistic idea of where we might be comfortable moving to based on actual hard data that we can compare to our own personal preferences rather than subjective recommendations from others such as "it really doesn't get too bad in SomeCity."

Any ideas to explore are much appreciated. If there's a service that provides access to the raw data in some sort of downloadable or queryable format then that works as well as I could program my own front-end to view it with. Any help is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 02:42 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Have you looked at the wunderground history feature? I don't know if it's quite what you are looking for, but I used it to compare temps and dew points of the various cities I considered moving to. There is also a weather sub forum on CD where the weather nerds (meant as a compliment ) might be able to offer some other suggestions for good sites.
I also found gardening maps to be useful, especially the sunset climate zone maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather