Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2017, 02:07 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post
''Cold rain''? Is there such a thing as ''cold rain''? I thought it would snow when it was cold
<15C is cold imo

Old 07-13-2017, 02:08 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Come on, not sure why we gave this discussion right now.

FG thinks that I have a kind of beef against Malta and mentioned me before with no reason. Besides I just told that I change my vote to Malta for a C+. A C+ is a pretty good rating, isn't it?

Well you do though lol

And you still have not explained this "cold rain" thing, when it rains here in the winter the rain is no colder than when it falls in Spain in the winter, so it's a bizarre comment...

Oh & Valencia got a lower rating for the cold record lows.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:10 PM

2,460 posts, read 1,356,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
<15C is cold imo
How is below 15*C cold? Oh my god! I can't believe it.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:11 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Well you do though lol

And you still have not explained this "cold rain" thing, when it rains here in the winter the rain is no colder than when it falls in Spain in the winter, so it's a bizarre comment...
I consider to have cold rain any place which has most of the rain during it's winters and it has one or a few months with highs under 16ºC.

But i'm telling that my favorite climates have most of the rain during the Autumn. Besides, if we take the Canarian example yes they have more rain on the winter but we already know that is a tropical climate. At least my favorite ones, they all have averages in their coldest month above 18ºC so that makes them tropical according to Köppen.

Pretty sure that if we are seeing which kind of plants and trees the Canaries grow very tranquil... just as coconuts, pineapples, etc that's not subtropical.

FG, time to change your vote towards Valencia... might be at least a B? I know if it was somewhere in California it would be a straight A for you haha.

If we take BALZAN climate (although is not 1981-2010 I know it) then I change my vote to Malta to a B/B-. Gotcha FG?
Luqa is a C+...

Old 07-13-2017, 02:14 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times
Quote:
They aren't very similar... not sure what do you know about my climate but again my rainy season starts in September and ends in November, not in December and ends in February lol.

Same for temps: my January highs are on the 17ºC, February 18ºC and March almost 20ºC... Luqa 1981-2010 gets 15.6ºC, 15.6ºC and 17.3ºC in this order...

this means that our January average is almost akin to the March average in Malta lol. Not that similar tho...

I just gave Malta a C+, I already say it 2 posts above...
So let me get this straight.

Valencia is like an A++ climate as far as you're concerned.

Whereas Luqa is a C , and a D on your Gareth account.

I use Benidorm stats for Altea since it's close. Considering the fact that Luqa's summers are apparently too hot and muggy, they look incredibly similar on the stats

Old 07-13-2017, 02:16 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
So let me get this straight.

Valencia is like an A++ climate as far as you're concerned.

Whereas Luqa is a C , and a D on your Gareth account.

I use Benidorm stats for Altea since it's close. Considering the fact that Luqa's summers are too hot and muggy, they look incredibly similar on the stats
You pasted the link wrong. Here it is

Bruh that's just the summer. What about the things which I said before? Rain? What about the winter highs? Luqa got 17.3ºC in March, I have just 0.2ºC less in January lol. My March high is almost 20ºC...

Valencia gets most of it's rain from September to November. In fact, if you see there, September is the 2nd wettest month and it's a very warm month, October is warm too.

C+ is not good? lol, and Balzan, Malta for me gets a B/B- ... although it's not a 1981-2010 average.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:17 PM

Also, you don't seem to be concerned by "cold rain" when you give B's to wet climates in northern Spain.

Spain >>> Everywhere

Old 07-13-2017, 02:18 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
I consider to have cold rain any place which has most of the rain during it's winters and it has one or a few months with highs under 16ºC.

But i'm telling that my favorite climates have most of the rain during the Autumn. Besides, if we take the Canarian example yes they have more rain on the winter but we already know that is a tropical climate. At least my favorite ones, they all have averages in their coldest month above 18ºC so that makes them tropical according to Köppen.

Pretty sure that if we are seeing which kind of plants and trees the Canaries grow very tranquil... just as coconuts, pineapples, etc that's not subtropical.

FG, time to change your vote towards Valencia... might be at least a B? I know if it was somewhere in California it would be a straight A for you haha.

If we take BALZAN climate (although is not 1981-2010 I know it) then I change my vote to Malta to a B/B-. Gotcha FG?
Luqa is a C+...
But that means Spain gets cold rain in the winter too then?? And I have already said that Malta gets heavy showers in the winter, not days full of rain. Check the winter sunshine stats... I really don't see how 16C average highs can have "cold" winter rain & 17C average winter highs are not lol... 16C is hardly cold anyway.

And again Valencia got the lower rating for the cold record lows...

Old 07-13-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Bruh that's just the summer. What about the things which I said before? Rain? What about the winter highs? Luqa got 17.3ºC in March, I have just 0.2ºC less in January lol. My March high is almost 20ºC...
Yeah, what about the winter highs? They look pretty similar to Valencia tbh, one of your dream climates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:19 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post
How is below 15*C cold? Oh my god! I can't believe it.
It just is. Especially with clouds it feels very cold and requires a jacket
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather