Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2016, 05:58 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,389,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
Yeah, what are the odds? The Cavaliers comeback was slightly more impressive because it had never been done before in NBA history.
Not only that, but it was against the best team in NBA history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Cleveland Indians have to wait until 2056 to have a 108 year drought, just think about that! 2056 still seems light years away, and that's only 1/3rd of the way. That shows how crazy the past Cubs drought was
108 years from now would be 2124, and 108 years before 1908 was 1800. Kinda crazy to put it into that perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
I don't see my post as an insult. It's mundane if members only ever talk about sports, I would bet that not all members have an interest in American football and are possibly bored of this discussion.
Yeah, you're right. Talking about boring ass politics, the military, palm trees or whatever is much more interesting.

Quote:
I'm not an American so how am I to know?
Maybe you could ask a question before making an assumption. That always helps.

Old 11-03-2016, 06:04 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,349,225 times
Idk why but I dont really want to listen to music when its hot outside. I prefer listening to the birds and the sounds of the nature instead. Headphones are perfect for sweater weather

Good luck, hopefully they wont have to wait until 2124 for their next one! It's a scary thought but 30 year droughts are gonna be a lot more common now, since we have 30 MLB teams

Old 11-03-2016, 06:10 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,515,379 times
US professional sports must be so boring to support a team in. So many teams, all of them capped and limited from signing the best possible players so that it seems entirely random which club gets the best player in the draft and then goes on to be successful. Had Pittsburgh Penguins not sucked big time when Crosby and Malkin were on offer, they'd been nowhere and another team would've been on top instead.

As crooked as European professional football is, there still is an element of 'producing your own players there'. Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry than American professional sports. At least NASCAR and IndyCar used to be fun until NASCAR self-destructed with the playoff chase system and IndyCar with the spec cars that randomizes whoever wins on most occasions. Without star names and star teams that are standout performers it is not very fun.

Old 11-03-2016, 06:27 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,473,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
US professional sports must be so boring to support a team in. So many teams, all of them capped and limited from signing the best possible players so that it seems entirely random which club gets the best player in the draft and then goes on to be successful.
Cavaliers' starting lineup costs more than most teams' entire roster | SportsNewsCoverage.com

Last edited by Wildcat15; 11-03-2016 at 06:39 PM..

Old 11-03-2016, 07:10 PM

171 posts, read 133,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
TBH, this thread has been mostly boring as all hell the past few months, just boring ass political talk 99% of the time, so I don't really go back through the pages to see what people posted, I just open the current page and respond to posts on that page. I really don't try to ignore you.

You did honestly this series kind of reminded me of the '01 World Series, but this one was far more historic. Never seen such a well-played, nail-biting series in my life. Much respect to the Indians.
I've ran out of toilet paper so I'll have to print off the majority of this boring ASS lame duck thread. If I see one more post about Donald effing Trump or Finnish politics, I might just find myself in a padded room

Old 11-03-2016, 11:37 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,203,092 times
Already listening to Christmas music. Should have Christmas stuff up in the next few days, and have it all up by November 17.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:06 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,423,322 times
Quote:
American football... Can't you discuss something with more substance?
Yep Owen I agree! Nice to see you back

Old 11-04-2016, 05:43 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,858,191 times
I initially hoped that GymFanatic would be Irene, but nice to have Owenc back as well.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:45 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,361,818 times
Had a dream that a Mars-sized object (named "Maxba", wtf) was captured by the Earth's gravitational pull, orbiting at roughly one thousand miles per minute before ultimately colliding with the Earth. Very unrealistic but still a pretty scary sight seeing this thing rise and set over the horizon every few minutes, growing closer each time. I blame this on the near miss the other day.

I just googled "Maxba" and I'm slightly creeped out, it's an astrological term (that I've never even heard before), the description fits me well and the number associated with it is my birthday. Premonition? Does this mean I'll trip and collide with the Earth sometime today?

Last edited by Infamous92; 11-04-2016 at 06:59 AM..

Old 11-04-2016, 09:43 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,120,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
US professional sports must be so boring to support a team in. So many teams, all of them capped and limited from signing the best possible players so that it seems entirely random which club gets the best player in the draft and then goes on to be successful. Had Pittsburgh Penguins not sucked big time when Crosby and Malkin were on offer, they'd been nowhere and another team would've been on top instead.

As crooked as European professional football is, there still is an element of 'producing your own players there'. Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry than American professional sports. At least NASCAR and IndyCar used to be fun until NASCAR self-destructed with the playoff chase system and IndyCar with the spec cars that randomizes whoever wins on most occasions. Without star names and star teams that are standout performers it is not very fun.
What I don't like is that the number of teams in the top-level league of a sport is "fixed", as opposed to promotion-relegation.

I totally understand why they do this, because the owners who make these rules want to protect their investment and all want to stay in the "top league".

But for the fans, it's terrible because some bad teams make little investment in improving themselves because the risk of finishing last is very low.

In fact, with the draft system that you mentioned, in some cases it's a big advantage to suck and finish last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather