Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 02:27 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,408,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
TerrificCare!
Yep! If your sick we will build a wall around you! Oh and Mexico will pay for it. WallCare!

Old 11-09-2016, 02:40 PM

808 posts, read 711,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Sanders>Stein>Johnson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>Hillary>Trump
Trump > Sanders > Johnson > Stein >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
LKJ1988 is everything pretty much I hate. Trump supporter, a fake "weather enthusiast" that posts anecdotal data or made up "data" that's handwritten on the calendar and dismisses actual data. ****ing idiot. Ignore list here you come.
Hey! I'm a Trump supporter!

But seriously, you're right. I do use my own backyard thermometer and rain gauge for day-to-day stuff and monthly summaries, but that's out of necessity because the nearest official station to me is 30 miles away, reports infrequently, and doesn't put their data in a directly available spot (you need to click several times on pages that aren't friendly to my browser).

But when official data are easily accessible, I use them, and it would be foolish to do otherwise. And I'm not going to use my backyard thermometer for serious stuff like global warming, which might be skewed by the rapid urbanization going on nearby (two decent-sized cities within as many miles of me, growing and fusing rapidly).

Anecdotal "data" is of course usually complete rubbish. Weather is 100% quantitative, and there's no saying otherwise.

Last edited by Cheesehead92; 11-09-2016 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: fix

Old 11-09-2016, 03:06 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Healthcare has to go first. Then focus on the DEMwits and lock them up. Get all the people out of this country that don't belong here. Cut off anymore people living here from other places. Glass over the ME area or gas it and take over the oil fields. Nuke out North Korea for starters and slap them back into place. They wanna play with nukes then i would show them what a real nuke could do. Then cut off aid to all other countries.

Time to fix our broken people and country. Fix the roads and bridges for starters. Stop all aid and food stamps to our own people. You can't work, then don't eat pete. And pull our guys and gals out of all the ME area. The money saved there could be spent to better our country.
I disagree with everything you wrote except pulling the soldiers from the Middle East and fixing the infrastructure. Almost everything else you wrote sounds completely ridiculous

Old 11-09-2016, 03:16 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Yep! If your sick we will build a wall around you! Oh and Mexico will pay for it. WallCare!
Unless you are a Muslim, then you can just die quietly!

Old 11-09-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Unless you are a Muslim, then you can just die quietly!
I honestly was not too worried till I heard newt Gingrich might be SoS. Heard lots of crazy opinions today. One kid walked around threatening to beat up every white person who dared show their support for Trump, another kid walked around talking about joining the black panthers. Then there were the very somber Hillary supporters. Mostly everyone didn't care though, people are being too emotional and overreacting at this point.

One thing I know for certain is America is about to take a hard anti- global warming position. The guy being considered for the EPA is a staunch denier. Trump also said he wants to divert all of nasas funding for the space program that is being used mostly for low earth orbit satellites used to measure global warming towards funding for deep space technologies. I support that mainly because of my love for space. Wish we would get a president that made the future, science and technology his main issue. I really want to see more investments towards space.

Maybe that President will be me.... if I survive the next 4 years lol. Vote for me for 50th president!

Old 11-09-2016, 03:51 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Trump has praised universal healthcare in the past. I have suspected he secretly favors it, but refrained from stating so for political expediency. But if that's the case, I don't see him being able to implement it. So we'll get something totally ****tier instead.

Too many ****ing morons with a vote. You know, the fact that working class whites in the Rust Belt flipped the election to Trump but voted for Obama in significant enough margins for him to win just proves that to attribute Trump's win to "racism" is total bull****. It's the economy, stupid, as the saying goes. The problem is most of these people are too ****ing stupid to understand why this is a bad reason to vote for Trump.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Trump has praised universal healthcare in the past. I have suspected he secretly favors it, but refrained from stating so for political expediency. But if that's the case, I don't see him being able to implement it. So we'll get something totally ****tier instead.

Too many ****ing morons with a vote. You know, the fact that working class whites in the Rust Belt flipped the election to Trump but voted for Obama in significant enough margins for him to win just proves that to attribute Trump's win to "racism" is total bull****. It's the economy, stupid, as the saying goes. The problem is most of these people are too ****ing stupid to understand why this is a bad reason to vote for Trump.
What's stunning is he flipped PENNSYLVANIA. He almost had New Hampshire even. Virginia came extremely close to being his also but the shear amount of Democrats in NOVA edged him out while the rest of the state voted for him.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:26 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
NEI FOR PRESIDENT 2020

credentials:

• familiar with walls (firewalls at least)
  • familiar with banning entry (on C-D)
  • kindergarten moderator
  • pro climate change & green living
  • not establishment

Old 11-09-2016, 04:33 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
If we survived 8 years of Bush, we can go through this (hopefully).

Not that I was really enthuastic about Clinton, but...
Both Bush 1 and 2 were bad. Their failed wars and high oil prices back in 91 and in 08. I really hated them as well.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:34 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
What's stunning is he flipped PENNSYLVANIA. He almost had New Hampshire even. Virginia came extremely close to being his also but the shear amount of Democrats in NOVA edged him out while the rest of the state voted for him.
Pennsylvania going red is stunning, they are our southern neighbor, we would never expect this! I cant imagine NY going red ever, even people who claimed to vote for Trump mostly did it because they were pissed at Hillary more than they are right wing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather