Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Prettiest time of year
Winter with snow cover 9 11.54%
Winter without snow cover 3 3.85%
Spring 34 43.59%
Sunmer 13 16.67%
Fall 19 24.36%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:08 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,216,433 times

Advertisements

Where I live, I would say that the most scenic time of year is spring, when plants are coming back to life again after the drab greys and browns of winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 10:13 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,704,209 times
Definitely spring... love all the spring blossoms and flowers at this time of year

Old 04-17-2017, 10:25 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
It's hard to choose. I like the verdant lushness of summer and the feeling of life it evokes, along with the impressive cumulonimbus cloudscapes. It also has my favorite scent of any season.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:55 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
It's hard to choose. I like the verdant lushness of summer and the feeling of life it evokes, along with the impressive cumulonimbus cloudscapes. It also has my favorite scent of any season.
You're comments always seem to have creative idea for new threads. "The Scent Thread". Summer is the worst for scents around here because of the humidity and population thing. Fall is when scents come alive with grass and freshness.. Spring too with blooms and flowers.. Toss up Spring and Fall.

BTW .. Nice reminder that the sky is a factor in the scenic views.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:16 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
You're comments always seem to have creative idea for new threads. "The Scent Thread". Summer is the worst for scents around here because of the humidity and population thing. Fall is when scents come alive with grass and freshness.. Spring too with blooms and flowers.. Toss up Spring and Fall.

BTW .. Nice reminder that the sky is a factor in the scenic views.
Hmmm, that sounds backwards to me. I think fall smells kind of stale and dry.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:14 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
How can I answer the question? I live in Southern California and we don't get snow. The most scenic time of year is after it has rained and the Santa Ana winds have blown all the moisture in the sky out to sea. The islands off the coast look so awesome, especially in the morning hours. By noon time the Sun is getting to high in the sky and the view of the Islands changes. After the rains, when it does rain, you can see the green on the islands. The same can be said of the mountains to the north. On clear days when the marine layer and moisture are low you can see the mountains. When you get hazy skies you lose the ability to see the mountain to the north.

When the snow does fall in the upper elevations it does look awesome because of the mountains covered in snow. That does not last long though as it will melt within a day or two.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:21 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,386,009 times
Quote:
What part of the year do you think is the prettiest in your location?

In here it is May, there is no any doubt in it.

Summer is way more monotonous in terms of colours, autumn can be nice when it is colorful in October, winter can be nice when it is really cold with blue skies and sun although in most cases it is a grey cloudy and overcast with not that cold as someone might think.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:53 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
Spring. There aren't a ton of wildflowers here, but spring is the wet season, so everything is nice and green. Things are pretty much fully leafed out by mid-April. The grass turns brown in summer if you don't water it. You can also see nice cloud formations because spring storm season. Fall foliage seems to involve leaves just turning brown and falling off sometime in mid-November to early-December, without much good color. Most of winter looks dead and brown because we have few evergreens. If fall color was better or winter was snowier, one of those might be the most scenic seasons.

Note: Fall foliage might be better in other years, but my only fall here was the second warmest on record. Spring has been warmer than normal too, so it might come a bit later on average.
How different is okc from Raleigh? Greener? I imagine a good deal less.

I can't really pick but here is my take on each season

Winter- weather is pleasant generally, trees are bare but with all the Pines it looks nice to me as pines look amazing in winter as they tower high. You also notice things like evergreens or any flowers more. Winter also generates great anticipation and excitement for spring as you start to see first signs of spring slowly. Snow is also gorgeous when it actually snows enough to cover the grass. The vast farm fields are amazing covered in snow. Then come night out here in the country the sky lights up with stars but the real show is on the ground as the snow twinkles brighter than a million galaxies.

Spring- March is an amazing month as things bloom and leaf. By start of April things are leafed out and azaleas are at peak bloom making for a breathtaking scene.

Summer- only looks nice if wet, which makes for lush, deep jungles. Absolutely beautiful. Once crape Myrtle start letting out flowers in June they don't end till august and September making for beautiful breathtaking colors everywhere. Then when the gardenias put on their flowers the scent can not be beat

Fall- weather wise amazing , tree colors aren't as much as places north but still very beautiful. Especially the red maples, then by late fall camellias bloom.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:00 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,935,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
How different is okc from Raleigh? Greener? I imagine a good deal less.
I've only visited OKC a few times but if it's like much of central Texas (specifically College Station), it's not that great. I REALLY missed spring and fall in Atlanta when I was in College Station. DFW was the same way.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:59 PM

126 posts, read 123,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
Hmmm, that sounds backwards to me. I think fall smells kind of stale and dry.
Not in New England, fall is by far the best season there and there isnt even a second place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather