Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 11:02 AM

5 posts, read 3,900 times

Advertisements

We are planning to get married in the Caribbean but it will just be me and my fiancé. Any ideas on:

1) Which Caribbean island is the nicest?
2)Resorts that offer solo weddings (2 ppl)

we do not want anybody at our wedding, but the photographer, minister and our daughter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 05:48 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
There are so many beautiful islands/resorts. And anyplace will/can do a 2 person wedding.

I guess a smart way to approach this would be, what do you want to do and how much do you want to spend? Pick the island you really want and then check out how to get married there. Most resorts make an absolute killing on weddings and they assume you will not check out what really needs to be done and just buy their overpriced package. Do you want the big wedding package or would you rather learn to scuba? Start making a list of what you do or don't want.

Cruises are so reasonable these days, maybe you could get married on a cruise and get to see several places. Check out vacationstogo.com and look at the 90 day ticker. And get your passports now.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:36 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,543,160 times
If you want to check out resorts, go to Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor It is a BB like this one and the ratings will help you decide which place sounds like what you want.

Congratulations on being engaged BTW! I love your idea about being married without any of the BS involving guests and all the hoopla!

Old 12-14-2014, 08:40 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenBusiness View Post
We are planning to get married in the Caribbean but it will just be me and my fiancé. Any ideas on:

1) Which Caribbean island is the nicest?
2)Resorts that offer solo weddings (2 ppl)

we do not want anybody at our wedding, but the photographer, minister and our daughter
How old is your daughter? Some resorts have minimum age requirements.

Also, some islands have residency requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings