Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 10:44 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,286,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrita View Post
Yes, I know this thread is three years old.. But I'll bite.

I went to Spain! Flew into Barcelona, spent 3 nights there, spent 4 more nights in the beautiful, nearby beach town of Salou, then to Seville where I spent two nights and finally 2 nights in Madrid.

All the flying was a bit of a hassle but it was still an amazing trip and I remember almost every detail of it.
That's what I am planning with my girl. Either Spain or Egypt, or both. Sure, Egypt doesn't sound like your typical honeymoon place but besides romance we're also into adventure and I would love to go back to Egypt but this time with my best friend (her).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 10:59 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,208,032 times
San Francisco. Hard to beat. And when you go on your honeymoon, make sure every flight attendant, server, and hotel desk clerk knows why the two of you are there. We were bumped to first class, got freebies in restaurants, and got a suite for the same price as a regular room. We were totally shameless about it.

And, when we were enjoying dinner at the Fog City Diner, we mentioned to our waitress that it was our honeymoon. The nice, older couple next to us overheard and bought our dessert and after-dinner drinks. As we all toasted our nuptials, they explained how another couple bought them dessert during their own honeymoon, and how they had always wanted to return the favor. We did the same for a couple of years ago for two newlyweds at Niagara Falls!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:02 AM

7,148 posts, read 12,692,405 times
We went to Cape Cod right after Labor Day for ours. The crowds were gone and the ocean was still warm enough for swimming. We took along our bikes and rode through the seashore parks...it was a perfect honeymoon in so many ways...on our drive to Cape Cod from Michigan, we even stayed overnight in Niagara Falls--trite, but fun, too. 43 years later, we're still riding our bikes together...

Old 03-26-2012, 11:08 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,194,453 times
We got married on Maui and honeymooned on Kauai! We stayed at the most wonderful bed and breakfast and the owner had the cutest little dog that greeted us every morning! Everyday we woke up to a wonderful breakfast, spent the day out snorkeling, kayaking, hiking, or swimming, cleaned ourselves up, had a wonderful dinner, and then went out walking in the evening. It was the best honeymoon!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:12 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,208,032 times
On the other hand, don't go to the Caribbean during hurricane season. My brother made that mistake for his first marriage. They went to St. Maarten in 1995 just in time for Hurricane Luis. They spent three weeks marooned on the island before being evacuated by the Dutch Marines. They returned to L.A., she moved out immediately, and they were getting divorced a month later.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:14 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,671,509 times
Cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii. Loved it. Would definitely do again.. have been to Hawaii once.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:19 AM

426 posts, read 792,319 times
I am so excited to hear about all of the comments of Hawaii. My finace and I are getting married in August and then jetting off to Maui for 6 days and Kauai for 6 more days.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:19 AM

19,561 posts, read 9,570,260 times
Mid December in the Poconos. Had a super nice chalet w/ fireplace and heart shaped sunken tub.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,194,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie2979 View Post
I am so excited to hear about all of the comments of Hawaii. My finace and I are getting married in August and then jetting off to Maui for 6 days and Kauai for 6 more days.
Hawaii is absolutely incredible! As soon as you step off the plane - it's like your whole body relaxes! We were so bummed on the plane home - we almost jumped off and just stayed but we both had to get back to work!

Now I'm sad... I want to go back!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:17 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,734,855 times
Many moons ago: Catalina Island, CA. If my dh was going to plan a lamer honeymoon, he was going to have to get it a cane and give it its own show on FOX Network and load it up with Emmys and Golden Globe Awards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings