Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:22 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
You are so slim I think a tight fitting dress w/ a Trumpet skirt would look better, create curves. That dress is gorgeous tho too. Go strapless tho or at least a halter for sure! If you can pull it off you should, and you can.

something like this
I agree with Sophialee. The dress is beautiful but the lean mean dress she picked would be mindblowing on you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 04:53 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,570,708 times
My mom has a degree in fashion design, my father was in the couture business. So, I hope I can help some.
My opinion is that that particular dress will overwhelm you. You are small and petite, and the skirt is just too big for you.
Do you insist on strapless? Would you consider cap sleeves, which would look great on a small, petite, not very busty gal. I am not a big fan of strapless for tiny, non-busty gals myself. I think a scoop neckline, a halter neckline, anything is better than strapless for you.
The skirt on this dress is way too big for a tiny girl. I agree with another poster that you need a skirt that fits closer to your body than this one. Trumpet would be nice or anything not too big.
Do you have any other dresses you like that you can post?

You do know most of us would love to be tiny and petite--with no weight problems--like you, don't you?

Old 01-10-2010, 06:45 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,460,267 times
I think it would look great on you!

Old 01-10-2010, 06:54 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
I am not saying this to be mean or hurtful. I would not have mentioned it at all if you hadn't of asked.

Personally, I think the dress would look better on someone with a little larger bust line. Not that there is anything wrong with your boobies, but the dress is designed to EMPHASIZE the boobie region and I just think it would look better on a larger-busted person.

It is just my opinion. You should wear whatever you want to wear and whatever you will feel beautiful in.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-12-2010, 11:08 PM

23 posts, read 35,249 times
Thanks all friends suggestions, I have ordered it yesterday, I will upload my photo after I receive it, thank you

Old 01-12-2010, 11:17 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,129,247 times
It will look fine.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:24 AM

23 posts, read 35,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
I had similiar thoughts. Not sure how tall you are so she may feel since the bottom of the dress is full and looks like a pick up skirt it overwhelms you. You should still try it on and take pictures.
I canceled my order today, what about these styles? if they are not right, please recommend one style for me. Fashion, pretty, chiifon, silk! Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Is the wedding dress ok for me?-w0160-3-.jpg   Is the wedding dress ok for me?-w0041.jpg   Is the wedding dress ok for me?-w0151-2-.jpg  

Old 01-14-2010, 04:43 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,148,433 times
I like the first one, but I'm still worried how the strapless will work with small boobies. I'd really have to see you in it. If you don't have any other choice, I'd go with this one.

The second one is pretty but I think the ruffles are too much on a small frame.

I hate the third one. Low cut "V" necks like that and small boobies don't work.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:38 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,558,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25degree View Post
I canceled my order today, what about these styles? if they are not right, please recommend one style for me. Fashion, pretty, chiifon, silk! Thank you
The second one definitely. The ruching/gathering and the way it criss-crosses, sweetheart bustline, plus the tight hourglass fit will add curves on your tiny frame. You will be a vision!

Old 01-14-2010, 04:54 PM

314 posts, read 1,182,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
The second one definitely. The ruching/gathering and the way it criss-crosses, sweetheart bustline, plus the tight hourglass fit will add curves on your tiny frame. You will be a vision!
Absolutely! In fact, most all the young brides I know couldn't pull off this particular dress. They're not tiny enough in the right places to make it work. You can! You'll be a knockout!

ETA: Some here have pointed out that you aren't overly endowed in the bustline department (gladly trade places with you) but that can be remedied easily with the right kind of bra. They have some that make even the tiniest chest appear very full. *That could well not even be a concern after trying the dress on.*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings