Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:15 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,131,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I vote for long gloves, no sleeves, no straps!
Ditto! Don't see much of the long gloves in my area; I wish I would see more of it. Too much strapless gowns and brides adjusting themselves during their big day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 AM

7,148 posts, read 12,686,436 times
I'd opt for something with straps or a halter--who wants to worry about slippage from a strapless dress during your big day? I'd want to be completely comfortable and therefore confident and therefore radiant...

Old 01-16-2010, 02:16 PM

522 posts, read 1,406,341 times
You really just need to try the dresses on to be sure. You'll know you have the right dress for you when you try it on.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:25 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,156,127 times
Forgive me for asking but what are modest women wearing to get married these days. I would not be comfortable in these kinds of dresses. I would not be comfortable showing off that much skin *at all* I would be much happier, personally in something a little more elegant and refined.

This is nice:

It just reeks of CLASS. IMHO.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-16-2010, 06:54 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,131,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Forgive me for asking but what are modest women wearing to get married these days. I would not be comfortable in these kinds of dresses. I would not be comfortable showing off that much skin *at all* I would be much happier, personally in something a little more elegant and refined.

This is nice:

20yrsinBranson
I think it's a very beautiful dress and I would vote for something like that too especially for a winter or fall wedding! There's not much of it at the local wedding store; it's something that's ordered from a website (at least my experience in my city when looking for a dress for myself).

Old 01-16-2010, 09:33 PM

522 posts, read 1,406,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

This is nice:

20yrsinBranson
Interesting dress.

I'm sorry but what dresses do you consider to show "too much skin"? Aside from the one with the low v-neck, the others are pretty standard, and all of those dresses were long so they covered up everything but the arms and shoulders. Not many people consider showing off arms and shoulders "a lot of skin."
Then if you count in hairstyle that changes it up. Wearing the hair down with a strapless dress pretty much covers the shoulders, so really it's just the arms showing unless she decides to go with gloves.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:41 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,624,182 times
I loathe strapless, not for any modesty reasons, but because they're so typical.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:42 PM

56 posts, read 140,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25degree View Post
Hi, My wedding date is October 1st 2010, I choose my wedding dress these days, what about this one? my sister told me that the dress doesn't suit me;my friends said the dress is ok, I need your help, thank you!
have you tried it on? look.... you will know when you find "the dress". you won't have any doubts. i got lucky and found my dress the first day i went shopping for one.

you will know right away when it's the one for you. if you don't get that feelings just simply MOVE ON to the next dress ...lol

good luck!!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:05 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,152,527 times
I like this one. I think since you are very petite, to wear something with cap sleeves.
something like this
Modest Wedding Dress, Ginevra | LatterDayBride & Prom

Old 01-17-2010, 09:47 AM

881 posts, read 2,255,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWestCoast View Post
have you tried it on? look.... you will know when you find "the dress". you won't have any doubts. i got lucky and found my dress the first day i went shopping for one.

you will know right away when it's the one for you. if you don't get that feelings just simply MOVE ON to the next dress ...lol

good luck!!
I agree you really need to try it on. Seems like most the dresses you are picking are strapless and either A-line or fuller. It's just a matter of finding combination that works.

You may find the strapless works for you after all. The key to strapless is getting the proper undergarments and finding a seamstress who understands fit. I've worn plently of strapless dresses and I am never tugging at at them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings