Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 AM

368 posts, read 928,679 times

Advertisements

Has anyone looked into this school? It's right next to Whole Foods across from Olympia. I'm spending $2000+ a month on 2 young boys at a preschool in Boca and wondering if I could do any better tuition-wise with still similar quality. The boys are in a great school, but it's driving us into the poorhouse as they increase their rates every year. Any other recommendations? We live in Wellington but I work in Boca so I'm open to either area. I have a 4-year-old and an almost-1-year-old. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 01:22 PM

16 posts, read 38,973 times
Bump? Any input? My wife and I are relocating to Wellington and looking for a preschool for our 3 year old son. Any recommendations? We are coming from out of town and need some help/advice from the local experts. Thanks!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 10,298 times
The school is run by non educators. The Director is OK-- but you could do better for your child. It is more a business than a school. I pulled my child out because of the turn over and the lack of follow up by the owners.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 AM

114 posts, read 449,031 times
Look into Cambridge and/or The Little Place.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:01 PM

368 posts, read 928,679 times
Thumbs down No go on Goddard

Yep, it didn't work out at all. Despite the wonderful commute I had, my children did not like it at all. My older boy, who had had the benefit of VPK instruction for a year at his Boca preschool (because the school thought he could handle it and they needed someplace to put him since he wouldn't nap!) was set back to doing numbers 1-10 (!) even though he could count to 50, and his teacher did not like having to adapt her teaching style for him. It was obvious after a few days that she did not like him and he felt it. We kept telling them that he could do more and should probably be put in the preschool room (even though he was an older 3), but they said no, he had to be with the young 3's, some of whom couldn't differentiate colors and shapes yet.

My younger one, who was 1 year old and considered by all to be a "buddha baby" screamed every time we dropped him off, and it only got a little better at the 3-week mark when we'd already decided to pull them out. They were nice but not naturally warm there - it was obvious they were apprehensive at my older boy's super-active nature and my baby's crying. I could see them trying too hard to "relate" to our kids. My husband stopped by one time and found our baby crying alone in the middle of the floor with the teachers kind of wandering around, and said "All you have to do with him is pick him up" and he demonstrated. The director was nice but the owner seemed warmer and more engaging to my children than anyone else there! Maybe the school was just too new. It had only been open 2.5 months when we enrolled and yes, everything was spanking new, but the teachers for the most part seemed too rigid (or forced to be rigid in their approach... who knows).

Back to Boca they went after 3.5 weeks and the teachers there cried and cheered to hear we were coming back. Now that's love that's worth the commute!

Old 08-23-2012, 10:17 AM

2 posts, read 11,872 times
This School is no longer new and has become well established. At first, my husband and I were hesitant as the school had its issues. After a few months of opening, it seemed that they realized they had to do something radical as (according to the owner) the staff was not delivering the quality the brand commits and they expected. We weren't sure and alomst left, but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. They made changes which took time to be effective, but after a few weeks the place was totally upgraded. Their curriculum is outstanding, the staff and teachers in my opinion are very committed and compared to other places in the area, they provide better quality and also prices are better than others.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:55 AM

1 posts, read 8,799 times
Thumbs up This daycare is just great

Best daycare in the United States. The minute you enter there, you will feel right at home. My pre-K daughter is reading at a first grade level. My 3 year old daughter has the vocabulary of a 6 year old! I've been to so many day cares, too many to count, and Goddard is amazing.

The owners are so nice. The director cares about kids, is super organized, and is making great things happen.

The teachers there are great! They are loving, carding, and super interested in my girls' growth and development.

You can only get a feel for a pre-school / daycare by visiting with your own eyes and ears (and yes, NOSE!). The place is PRISTINE. There is LOVE in the air, something you rarely find in other places. This is a top-down love.

Other places feel like they are staffed with people who should be working at the DMV or post office.

Check it out for yourself, and then decide for yourself. In 5.5 years, I've been in 8 or 9 different childcare situations, and Goddard is by far the best.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 5,609 times
First let me say this !!!If your child is a cry baby or likes to explore do not send your child to this school. First I must say the first couple of months at this school was ok teachers was great, but after a few months everything went down hill from getting reports to me asking questions and voicing my opinions about my child's well being.Ms patty genuinely ok and always there to listen to your concerns or questions however on the other hand I was never too fond of Dena that plastic smile Is just terrible and enough to make anyone uncomfortable. I am not sure if Dena was trained to handle toddlers , she talks over you when you try to voice your opinion as if she knows it all . I am not sure how they do their screening of their teachers because since lately they have been a few new teachers and the old ones have some how disappeared for the fall term. Some of these teachers does not have a clue , sloppy looking, rigid , it's like they choose anyone who will accept a cheap pay rate over who is qualified seriously!!! This school is more about money than it is about state of the art child care/ school as they claim. At first I loved this school because my child seemed happy but once your trust between the a teacher and a director isn't there anymore nothing will ever be the same at first they will call you and give you reports on your child if he/she got hurt but after a while they stop and those little scratch , bruises, and bumps you will be the one finding them yourself and when it is brought to there attention they all try to cover up their neglect and abuse like they don't have a clue. I will advise you never send your Child to this school unless hes/she can speak and keep in mind not every one that smiles in your face or Is nice to your face is when your back is turned !!!This school is ran on favoritism and if I have done my research my kids would have never attend this school to begin with

Old 01-29-2016, 09:06 PM

499 posts, read 585,931 times
Any recent thoughts/feedback on the Goddard School in Wellington? What about Cambridge? My daughter just turned 3 last week and I'm looking for something part-time, 2 or 3 days a week. Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-21-2016, 06:56 AM

2 posts, read 11,872 times
My experience can be summarized in a few words. The teachers and staff are super friendly and great with my kids. Two of my kids attended the school and moved up through each of the classrooms, my youngest still attends. The facility is always clean and secure. They close only for major holidays and have great hours. I love the special classroom parties to celebrate the changing seasons, very focused on education. Not sure about Cambridge, when I went to see looked strict and some difficulty with potty training, they didn't have bathrooms in the classroom. Also wanted us to buy uniforms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach