Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 12:00 AM

292 posts, read 718,628 times

Advertisements

Is Mizner Court at Broken Sound a good place for a young white collar worker?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 09:15 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times
if you like Noise it might work for you....we live in San Marco next door and we have a few neighbors who moved here from there because of all the Partying...but I do believe they have 1 bedrooms and are less expensive which san marco does not..good luck to you

Old 09-12-2010, 09:31 AM

239 posts, read 473,942 times
i feel like so many rentals we look @ in boca is full of kids/college i guess. Worrying about this as we are planning to rent and condo rental from private owner seems $$$$$ and senior living.

? hoping i'm wrong. anyone?

Old 09-12-2010, 02:38 PM

NO We were very surprised how nice it is here..WE love the location, We are looking for a Single Family Home to rent if we find what we are looking for great and if not then we will stay here another year..our however we did do a private home in West Boca when we moved down here last June and gave 3 months up front with 780 credit score and we didnt even like living there..with that being said we have a ton of families here who are moving in..this is very temporary for us but since we needed the Schools and my dh refused to give 3 months up front at that point we wound up here..which fo rus was a great decision.The time frame was a factor for us too...alot of my son's HS the kids live here as well..There are college kids here but I do know they are now limiting it seems the rentals to the college kids because of issues they have had...

Old 09-13-2010, 02:45 PM

522 posts, read 1,609,927 times
I lived at this complex right before it went condo. And like most condos, they did not sell well and are now back to mostly rentals. I was happy there - did not find it noisy but this was back in 2005-2006. I have heard it's' not as nice as it used to be. I will tell you not to live on the first floor though because you really hear alot of noice from upstairs. The location is very good but if you are single you are probably not concerned about the school systems. The Polo Shops shopping are with the Public etc is FULL of OLD PEOPLE, and I am NOT young, and found it very annoying - the slow driving, the rudeness, etc. For a young, single white collar worker I would recommend east Boca or somewhere in or close to downtown Delray. To be honest with you, I left Florida just a few months ago and found ALL the complexes to be less desirable than they used to be. I think part of the problem is the economy has been especially hard-hit in Florida and the management has lowered its standards in terms of who they rent to.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:54 PM

well our grounds happen to be one of the nicest since Broken sound owns it...with that being said San Marco isnt considered apts either they are townhome and Villas..you have no one downstairs and no one upstairs..we have a 3 bedroom 3 bath 3 level with a screened porch and a Garage.and for a temporary situation one could live in a worse place than this...and when we went to Mizner at broken sound there is no comparison..They are also starting to upgrade a little here..You want to see not disirable live in my old apartment in brooklyn with people above u and below you...no comparision...

Old 09-14-2010, 08:02 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,824,588 times
I heard Mizner Court at Broken Sound are very noisy with bad sound proofing. There are a lot of young people in the complex I heard so if that is what you are looking for it may be ok and if you are not noise sensitive. Like Joanie said I heard east Boca is younger
Nyres I feel if you can put money upfront an apartment is not the way to go. There are so many college kids in most of the apartments. If you drive around you will notice and how there is no space in between apartments which does not help the noise factor. I also don't feel the grounds are kept nice in some.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:59 AM

Ny if you can put up 3 months then definitely go with a private home...as far as grounds not being kept nice I was referring to the complex's I know as I do live here...and the one thing that I must say is ours is kept very nice and clean no argument here...College Kids are all over and in private townhomes as well..our daughters friends moved to a townhome private community and 2 doors down there are 4 college kids sharing it..talk about noise their friends moved into that community as well...and they go to FAU so unless you move into a regular community you will have them anywhere...when we lived in West Boca in a very nice upscale development these kids had parties in their homes when their parents weren't home we had to call the cops number of times..I just speak from Experience and the places We have lived..or Currently Live...and cant comment on the other apt communities as we looked at them all and there are some very wealthy people who lived in the country clubs who now live here my son has a few friends actually and the reason they moved here was because of the up keep on the grounds etc..lets however this suited us for the time being, and my husband at that point refused to pay another 3 months up front...so until something we find that we love comes up this is just fine...

Old 09-27-2010, 06:43 PM

6 posts, read 25,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartone View Post
Is Mizner Court at Broken Sound a good place for a young white collar worker?
Mizner Courtis nice. I lived there for a year. Contact me at http://supremeultimatefitness.com if you have any questions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach