Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 PM

4 posts, read 5,986 times

Advertisements

Come on people it’s time to rise up against these cameras

I too got a ticket in July 2012 from the money grubbing Town of Juno beach. Let me say this first I will no longer do any business in that community because of those cameras. I decided to fight it and recommend everyone do the same. This is the only way to shut down the cameras. I just went through contesting my red light camera ticket and paid nothing. I will tell you how it works so you will not be afraid to fight your ticket.

1 First you don’t pay the ticket and after 30 days you will get a pre hearing court date in the mail. If it’s a bad date you can reschedule it by just asking. (I had to reschedule mine)

2 Next for some reason you have to go to the Pre hearing (I think this is to discourage you) and tell the judge whether you want to plead no contest, guilty or NOT guilty. If you plead no contest or guilty you will have to pay $85 court costs no matter what plus whatever fine the judge decides which is usually not much around $0 - $30 for a camera ticket. Be prepared to be there 1.5 hours

Plead not guilty at the Pre Hearing and they schedule you a court hearing the next month and you walk out of the Pre Hearing owing nothing yet

3 Show up for the new court hearing and here is where it gets interesting. Again you have to pay $105 court costs and a fine but only if FOUND GUILTY. You are in court with others who have all kinds of tickets and all the ticket issuing cops are supposed to be there. The judge takes role and if your cop doesn’t show your ticket is dismissed. 3 or 4 cops did not show when I was there. Then the judge just starts reading off cases that were dismissed for whatever reason and there were about 10 dismissed. My red light camera ticket was in the dismiss pile. I do not know why it was dismissed but I believe Juno Beach doesn’t want to bother fighting the tickets they are betting you’ll just go ahead and pay. I walked out owing nothing and learned a lot about the system. Time at court hearing 1 hr.

I learned no matter what your ticket or tickets are for it is far cheaper to go to court. There is a very good chance you will get no points and a major break on the amount you owe. You probably will not owe anything at all for a camera ticket but time spent fighting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 PM

882 posts, read 1,464,355 times
Could be worse: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...s-headed-to-dc

Old 10-03-2012, 01:47 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Why don't you just drive properly.
I don't have the problem that you have.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times
Selfish, aggressive and criminal behavior should be costly.
Here's to hoping floridistan camera's-up on every light in every town!

Old 10-05-2012, 12:25 PM

230 posts, read 388,427 times
It has been 5 years since I moved away now, but I rememebr the interpretation of Florida's red light laws as being if you hit the line before it turns red, then no ticket. Has that changed? Are these cameras ticketing folks who entered the intersaection on yellow only to have it turn red while still in the intersection and get photographed? That should be a viable defense...do the cameras clearly show the condition of the light at the moment the car crosses the line into the intersection?

To those who don't understand how this is a violation of rights, or want "selfish, aggressive, and criminal behavior" to be punished...two questions: Does the term "Due Process" mean anything to you? And if the yellow light is being shortened and/or the cameras are ticketing people who enter under yellow is this not entrapment and/or non-criminal behavior?

Old 10-08-2012, 07:03 PM

Juno Beach is not worried about safety. This is just about making money and at the same time keeping the unwanted public away. You must know the history of this town to understand. Juno is located so you must drive through it to get to the beach from the south and they don't want you driving through their town. Juno Beach is the same town that lobbied the state to close off the stretch of the public, tax payer owned and maintained road that runs along the beach thru their town. Next they set up an unmanned van as a speed trap that ran 24/7 which was later ordered to be removed by the courts and now its red light cameras on every red light.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:39 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daghostmon View Post
Juno Beach is not worried about safety. This is just about making money and at the same time keeping the unwanted public away. You must know the history of this town to understand. Juno is located so you must drive through it to get to the beach from the south and they don't want you driving through their town. Juno Beach is the same town that lobbied the state to close off the stretch of the public, tax payer owned and maintained road that runs along the beach thru their town. Next they set up an unmanned van as a speed trap that ran 24/7 which was later ordered to be removed by the courts and now its red light cameras on every red light.

This is one of the more ridiculous posts Ive seen in this forum, and given the stuff from the regulars, that is really saying something. Shoot for the stars!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:31 PM

I'm guessing thunderkat59 is either a Juno Beach politician or totally ignorant. I have lived in this area for 30 yrs so i know the history of that town. If you don't believe my stories I suggest you use this new invention called google and check it out for yourself. There is also the story of a fishing pier Palm Beach county wanted to build to replace one that had washed away 30 years or so ago in a hurricane. Well guess what town didn't want a beautiful new muti million dollar cement pier at no cost to them in their town. Juno beach politicians couldn't say we don't want rift raff surfers and fisherman hanging out in our town so Juno Beach decided they suddenly cared about the Sea turtles and said the pier would interfere with the sea turtle nesting. What makes this so ridiculous is Juno had just fought tooth and nail against turning off their condo flood lights which were confusing the turtles that hatch out at night.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:43 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
This is one of the more ridiculous posts Ive seen in this forum, and given the stuff from the regulars, that is really saying something. Shoot for the stars!
What's ridiculous about it?

Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
I was reading that red light camera tickets are voluntary. You can google it and read more about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach