Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 12:35 AM

6 posts, read 39,953 times

Advertisements

We have 5 school age kids & are relocating to south florida. We are really nervous about the housing costs & finding a safe area to live. We like the walkable lifestyle of Delray Beach along Atlantic Ave & close proximity to the intracoastal but I'm nervous about the schools & finding decent housing for around 2000/mo that is a 4 BR home to rent. Why do some of the schools look like prisons?? We want to rent somewhere that we can get the kids settled & then find somewhere right in the same vicinity to buy so they don't have to move schools again. Does anyone have any suggests about any of these areas being more family friendly & cultured? Any thoughts about Parrot Cove or Pineapple Cove? How about Chapel Hill near downtown Delray Beach? Jupiter seems like schools are good but there's shopping centers everywhere you look......Thanks very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 12:50 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
Are you going to be working in Delray?

Your going to probably have to look a little to the west, downtown will probably be difficult.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...w=3&source=web

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...w=4&source=web

The schools look like prisons because they are designed to handle hurricanes, most are used as shelters during hurricanes. Also for security and you will notice fences around most if not all.

I think you should look in Wellington, 5 kids is a lot of responsibility, Wellington is very family friendly and has all the amenities to support it and just a little longer drive to the beach, there isn't much here in jobs though, just keep that in mind.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:18 PM

355 posts, read 913,572 times
Jupiter if you want good schools, family communities and want to be close to the beach. Jupiter is building a nice little downtown (Riverwalk), should be really nice when its done in a couple of years.
Where are you planning to work?

Old 06-01-2012, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,723 times
Default Delray Schools

I would avoid Delray - the schools here are not very good at all. As mentioned, a lot of the schools in South Florida are built to stand up to bad hurricanes, so don't be intimidated by the construction...a lot of them look like giant concrete barracks.

I don't have any kids, and I live in Delray Beach, close to downtown. It's fun because I don't have anyone to send to school yet - but all of my friends with kids moved to Boca, Coral Springs, or Wellington. I grew up in Boca - "most" of the schools in Boca are fantastic.

Hope that helps.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:09 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,320,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyseven7 View Post
Any thoughts about Parrot Cove or Pineapple Cove? How about Chapel Hill near downtown Delray Beach? Jupiter seems like schools are good but there's shopping centers everywhere you look......Thanks very much!
Do you mean Parrot Cove in Bradenton and Pineapple Cove in Jensen? South Florida is no longer a good place to affordably raise children. Have you looked into the Tampa Bay area? It's much more affordable, and the atmosphere is more neighborly and friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach