Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 03:18 PM

95 posts, read 308,872 times

Advertisements

I shall know the truth soon. Will report back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 04:00 PM

2 posts, read 6,579 times
I'm a realtor who has lived in Wellington for over 11 years. It's unrealistic to get accurate information in a forum like this. Generalities is the best anyone can do without knowing more. :-)

Old 10-10-2013, 05:23 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenanwpb View Post
I'm a realtor who has lived in Wellington for over 11 years. It's unrealistic to get accurate information in a forum like this. Generalities is the best anyone can do without knowing more. :-)
I lived in Wellington for over 20 years, I think my 2 cents is quite accurate....

Old 10-17-2013, 02:52 AM

293 posts, read 500,373 times
Gesp

My wife and I moved to Wellington 8 years ago from NYC area. My wife also is a nurse and we moved down and she had no job before we moved. She is an ICU Nurse and had no problem securing a job, and neither will you. While the pay scale here for nurses is lower the NYC where she used to work the actual net take home pay is very similar.

You pay no state income taxes In Florida. She has a very short commute and no tolls, parking expenses, etc. So when you figure out what is used to cost her to commute and drive into NYC after tolls, gas etc, no taxes, plus the time factor the pay comes out very similar.

When you are looking for a home I would personally avoid anything on or around or east/north of Forest Hill Blvd. That is a less desirable part of town. you want to stay in between these borders

441 (east border)
forest Hill (northern/ eastern border (road curves)
Lake Worth Road (southern Border

Old 10-17-2013, 03:07 PM

19 posts, read 53,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVG_Steve View Post
Gesp

My wife and I moved to Wellington 8 years ago from NYC area. My wife also is a nurse and we moved down and she had no job before we moved. She is an ICU Nurse and had no problem securing a job, and neither will you. While the pay scale here for nurses is lower the NYC where she used to work the actual net take home pay is very similar.

You pay no state income taxes In Florida. She has a very short commute and no tolls, parking expenses, etc. So when you figure out what is used to cost her to commute and drive into NYC after tolls, gas etc, no taxes, plus the time factor the pay comes out very similar.

When you are looking for a home I would personally avoid anything on or around or east/north of Forest Hill Blvd. That is a less desirable part of town. you want to stay in between these borders

441 (east border)
Thank you so much for your input!! You have no idea how happy this makes me feel to know that there is someone I can relate with. This helps out alot!!! I will defintely keep this information in mind!! Thank you!!!

Old 10-17-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:

441 (east border)
Not sure what your talking about, east of 441 there is plenty of nice developments, mainly newer but not areas to avoid. I do not care for Olympia but plenty of people seem to like it, also there is Villagewalk, Buena Vida, a lot of nice homes off of Lyons Road north towards Southern, most is unincorporated but there is some real nice homes $1 million plus in and around that area behind PB Central HS.

I would avoid anything near Shoma, Anthony Groves, Black Diamond is borderline...

Old 10-18-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Not sure what your talking about, east of 441 there is plenty of nice developments, mainly newer but not areas to avoid. I do not care for Olympia but plenty of people seem to like it, also there is Villagewalk, Buena Vida, a lot of nice homes off of Lyons Road north towards Southern, most is unincorporated but there is some real nice homes $1 million plus in and around that area behind PB Central HS.

I would avoid anything near Shoma, Anthony Groves, Black Diamond is borderline...
I agree avoid those communities mentioned. Black Diamond I would avoid as I said nothing north of Forest Hill. Those communities mentioned or anything north of Forest Hill does not hold re-sale value well. As far as Olympia, do your due diligence before moving there. I own 5 homes in Wellington and would never buy in Olympia. There was way to many foreclosures in there and as a result lots of rentals and even some section 8. It has issues. Village Walk is much better but way over rated and over priced. Buena Vida is 55 plus. Toll brothers has a community off Lyons going towards Southern called Wellington View. That is not Wellington though it is west palm beach, avoid!!!!!!!!!

Communities I would recommend (depending on budget) would be the ones off Lake Worth Road. These communities held their values better and are very desirable communities

Grand Isles, Isles at Wellington, Wellington Shores, and Equestrian Club. If you do not mind being further west then Binks Forest or one of the Lakefield communities.

Last edited by BVG_Steve; 10-18-2013 at 07:55 PM..

Old 10-19-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I agree avoid those communities mentioned. Black Diamond I would avoid as I said nothing north of Forest Hill. Those communities mentioned or anything north of Forest Hill does not hold re-sale value well. As far as Olympia, do your due diligence before moving there. I own 5 homes in Wellington and would never buy in Olympia. There was way to many foreclosures in there and as a result lots of rentals and even some section 8. It has issues. Village Walk is much better but way over rated and over priced. Buena Vida is 55 plus. Toll brothers has a community off Lyons going towards Southern called Wellington View. That is not Wellington though it is west palm beach, avoid!!!!!!!!!

Communities I would recommend (depending on budget) would be the ones off Lake Worth Road. These communities held their values better and are very desirable communities

Grand Isles, Isles at Wellington, Wellington Shores, and Equestrian Club. If you do not mind being further west then Binks Forest or one of the Lakefield communities.
I do not care for Olympia, but know some people that live in there, they say all the rumors are not true, but I have seen some shady people in there on a few times. Villagewalk has nice amenities, I use to play Tennis in there, Har-Tru Courts, among the best maintained of all the communities I been to. Homes are expensive and the HOA is very high.

Wellington View is $400K+ homes, not the hood and in a safe area as is Banyan Estates and Banyan Lakes where the homes are 1/2 to 1 Million +

modcut

"Desirable" areas are all over, not just off of Lake Worth Road.

Last edited by Beretta; 10-26-2013 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: sorry but no private real estate links please

Old 10-20-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
8681 Estate Drive Banyan Estates, West Palm Beach Real Estate FL:

"Desirable" areas are all over, not just off of Lake Worth Road.
True, I also stated Binks or Lakefield, Banyan is off the table as far as I am concerned, it is not wellington but West Palm Beach. I would avoid WPB personally.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
True, I also stated Binks or Lakefield, Banyan is off the table as far as I am concerned, it is not wellington but West Palm Beach. I would avoid WPB personally.
Why would you avoid Banyan? It's not in the hood, it's unincorporated Palm Beach County and right on the border Wellington which goes right along Forest Hill to the Turnpike. Everything along Lyons to Southern is safe and very nice, but I would not live near Southern personally.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach