Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 04:52 AM

242 posts, read 759,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
You sound smart & are apparently well educated. I say go for it & take the adventure while you can & are still young. You never know unless you try. You could fail & wind up back up here. Or succeed & be very happy with your choice.
Thank you!! That's what I'm thinking as well....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 01:17 PM

10 posts, read 48,672 times
Default Broward County Sheriff - map of Sex Offenders

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	320.6 KB
ID:	144347

Old 02-04-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalisa110 View Post
Looking at the Broward County Sheriff Sex Offender Map definately turns my stomach.
This is from the Apple App Store the App is named: Broward County Sheriff Sex Offender Map

Old 02-04-2015, 01:22 PM

Thanks for posting this Mike. We are from Lindenhurst and are currently searching for an apt in Boca.
This post of yours has really lifted the shades from my eyes!

Old 02-09-2015, 04:33 AM

242 posts, read 759,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalisa110 View Post
Thanks for posting this Mike. We are from Lindenhurst and are currently searching for an apt in Boca.
This post of yours has really lifted the shades from my eyes!
Glad to hear that... lifted the shades from your eyes in what sense?

Old 02-16-2015, 12:10 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,855,965 times
I'm looking to move to the F-L in the next few years from LI.
Don't even know where to begin. Only thing I know is we don't want the pan handle.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:07 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Don't even know where to begin. Only thing I know is we don't want the pan handle.
Do you have kids ? What age are you ? House budget ?

Old 02-17-2015, 03:54 AM

74 posts, read 180,553 times
Default Want to wish you well in your decision

Mike, I want to wish you all the best in your decision. From what I have been reading on these threads its like anything else some like the area they live in and some do not. Being a native Floridian I wish I had more info to give you, but I have not lived there for over 20 years!
What I can say is that no matter what negatives I encountered during my younger years there (and I encountered a lot of bad), and some of the negative feedback on living there now is that I plan on moving back... only this time with 2 lil ones!
At your age it would be easy like you said if you tried it...and it did not work out for you...to proceed back to where you are, or on to somewhere else.
There's a lot of info on these forums, but there is also a lot of different opinions which can confuse a person (like myself) who is trying to get information on daily life down there now.
I wanted to move north when I lived in the south, and after years of freezing winters, no amenities nearby, and sparse shopping I am willing to go the sweaty steam bath summers for at least a couple of years while the kids are real young. My thoughts on Fla as a whole differ from some of the ppl on these threads. That is...because for me it's going back to where I was born and raised. Case in point most people find palm trees beautiful...I do too only I think of home every single time I see one on tv, in books, or on the computer. I have only been back a few times after I moved and when the plane landed and the first palm was in my sight I swear to you I would actually start to cry. I am welling up a little now lol.
So now I am trying ...like you to gather all feedback good and bad so I can choose an areas that would be safe fun and interesting for "our" family. I am from Miami, but do not want to live there anymore. I am thinking Boca Jupiter Wellington from what I know, and what I am learning.
Just one more quick note...I had the change of seasons for some time now, and where I live is not really beautiful...nice, but nothing scenic. I want to be in an area where there is water everywhere, palm trees, and flip flops for any down time I get!!!!!!!!!!! Wishing for everyone health and happiness wherever you are or going!

Old 02-17-2015, 10:32 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
I have the same delusion as everyone else that wants to move to FL...Low taxes, cheap house, good schools, safe family oriented community, blah blah blah. I'm somewhat familiar with the very large state of Florida but I'm lost as far as where to focus on living. I don't want too far south, and I prefer to stay somewhat inland or at least not right near the coast for insurance/hurricane/flood nonsense. Ideally an affordable stable small townish area with a decent school district. I don't need or even want to be surrounded by shopping but also don't want to drive 30 minutes for groceries. Cheap as possible for home, don't want to spend more than $125k.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:50 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Quote:
I have the same delusion as everyone else that wants to move to FL...Low taxes, cheap house, good schools, safe family oriented community, blah blah blah. I'm somewhat familiar with the very large state of Florida but I'm lost as far as where to focus on living. I don't want too far south, and I prefer to stay somewhat inland or at least not right near the coast for insurance/hurricane/flood nonsense. Ideally an affordable stable small townish area with a decent school district. I don't need or even want to be surrounded by shopping but also don't want to drive 30 minutes for groceries. Cheap as possible for home, don't want to spend more than $125k.
Have you considered Brevard County ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach