Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 03:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,709 times

Advertisements

Hi, Gay couple (I'm late 30s he's early 40s) moving to either West Palm Beach or Lake Worth sometime in March, Partners job will be in West Palm Beach. Where is the best gay friendly area to move? Looking to rent an apartment to start. Any suggestions? Areas to avoid? Thanks

Last edited by Moving to West Palm Beach; 01-10-2021 at 04:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 07:29 AM

27,212 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Check out the Grandview Heights/Flamingo Park or the Northwood/Poinciana Park areas in WPB which have a fairly high LGBT population. I'm not sure if Lake Worth is a great option for you given from my experience it tilts more heavily toward lesbian couples, not to mention the added work commute versus living in WPB itself.

https://www.apartments.com/apartment...7ukuuyvG1ti-0B
https://www.apartments.com/apartment..._8n47svGvzrg1B

Old 01-11-2021, 10:47 AM

19 posts, read 34,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving to West Palm Beach View Post
Hi, Gay couple (I'm late 30s he's early 40s) moving to either West Palm Beach or Lake Worth sometime in March, Partners job will be in West Palm Beach. Where is the best gay friendly area to move? Looking to rent an apartment to start. Any suggestions? Areas to avoid? Thanks
Hello and hope your planning is coming along for you. A quick comment... I lived on the island back in the 80's and while I've been back on visits, I'm no expert when it comes to WPB. If we were younger, we might give a good look at CityPlace (now they call the area Rosemary Square.) Spectacular views if you're on a high floor. Buying or renting, the price per sq ft. is also on the high side, so you pay for it. And then there's the density issue, something most of us never paid much attention to in the past.

Kyle recommended Apartments.com. It's a good resource. But when it comes down to signing a lease, go to the website directly and the rental rate will likely be lower... could save you a couple hundred bucks per month, more or less. Seems like there's lots of competition for a shrinking apartment inventory out there these days, so in my opinion there's not a lot to choose from.

Lastly, just my opinion, I think Floridians on City-Data are probably sick and tired of folks from out of town (like me, and especially other New Yorker's like me. asking the same old moving questions. I posted a thread similar to yours a few days ago and while only a few people responded, the info was helpful. Normally they're pretty chatty here so don't read anything into it if you don't get many responses. People have told me the influx of newcomers is getting pretty intense.

Good luck to you! I hope it works out.
(Oh, and believe it or not, look at Craigslist for apartment complex leads, just beware of the scammers and deal more with verified apartment complexes, etc.)

Old 01-11-2021, 10:59 AM

18 posts, read 19,319 times
Hi , if you want a private rental , I can help . I would agree with that area in West Palm. Have a blessed day and if you have any questions fire away. I grew up in South Florida so I know it very well. Delray is also very nice and not too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach